Reservation Confirmation Letter samples for hotel bookings
Reservation confirmation is an acknowledgment given by the hotel to the guest for their room request and also the personal details given at the time of booking.
A written confirmation states the intent of both parties and confirms important points of agreement like name, arrival departure date, number of guests staying, room rate, type of room booked, number of rooms, pick up details, details of the deposit made, package details, etc. A confirmed reservation may be either guaranteed or non-guaranteed.
Details on the confirmation letter are retrieved from the reservation record and manually updated or entered automatically with the help of PMS used by the hotel onto a specially designed reservation confirmation form.
A confirmation letter may also include the cancellation and no-show policies of the hotel. And also about the retention charges, hotel standard check-in and check-out time, early morning / early arrival charges, and also about late departure charges.
There are many different types and formats of confirmation letters; below you can see and download a few samples for the same.
Download Sample Reservation Confirmation Formats:
Reservation Confirmation Template 1
Dear ( Guest name with the salutation),
Thank you for choosing [Hotel name]. We are pleased to confirm your reservation as under:
Name of the guest(s)
Number of guest(s)
Number of room(s)
Flight details /Arrival time
Mode of payment
Room rate is the price charged for a guest room in a hotel or motel.
Current government regulations require Indian residents to present proof of identity at the time of check-in. The proof of identity can be the guest’s driving license, passport, or voter’s identity card.
- Checkouts after 16:00 hours are subject to change, as are all arrivals before 0800 hours, which are billed from the previous night.
- The room tariff mentioned above is applicable per room per night. Taxes, service charges, and other levies are additional wherever applicable. The room tariff is not inclusive of airport transfer. However, should you require any facilitation for the same please feel free to contact us.
- Guaranteed Room Reservations not canceled 48 hours before arrival would attract a retention charge equivalent to one night’s room tariff. In the event of a cancellation before 48 hrs, please retain the cancellation number, to ensure that no retention charge is levied.
- Guests are requested to settle their bills directly while checking out. We are not in a position to accept personal checks and a signing facility is extended only to those corporate accounts that have a credit facility with the respective hotel.
- Prior information for a Smoking or Non-smoking Room will enable us to provide on priority, subject to availability.
The undermentioned information is applicable only for group bookings.
The cancellation policy for a group reservation is as under:
- Booking cancelled within 60 days of confirmation retention will not be charged.
- Booking cancelled after 60 days of confirmation one-day retention will be charged for all the rooms confirmed.
- The no of rooms canceled two weeks before the conference full retention for the entire period of the booking will be charged.
Thanks and Regards,