Arranging Car Transfer or Limousine Transfer for Arrival Guests
Purpose of Limousine Transfer SOP: The Front office / Travel Desk / Concierge team should know the correct standard for sending a Limousine or car for the arriving guest. No guest pickup should be missed by the team as this creates a negative first impression for the guest.
All arrival pickup requests of the guests must be accurately tracked and followed up in a correct way in order to ensure guest satisfaction. The first impression that the guest gets during his transportation to the hotel and at the arrival will last and the hotel staff should try their best to give their guest a great experience.
Limousine Transfer for Arriving Guests Standard Procedure:
- Print and check the airport pick/drop report on every day.
- Make sure the limousine driver grooming is impeccable with the clean and crisp uniform.
- Use the Limousine or Car checklist to inspect and ensure that the vehicle is fit and presentable for the guest’s pickup.
- Make sure the car is clean at the inside and outside and that the inside air is fresh and without any bad odour.
- Make sure you have newspaper set up and a music selections ready.
- Check that you have cold water and cooled hand towels prepared.
- Make sure you know the name and pickup destination of the arriving guest.
- If applicable, prepare name sign or paging board to welcome the guest, make sure you spell the name of the guest correctly.
- Make sure you know where and when you have to pick up the guest.
- Make sure to reach the pickup area at least 30 minutes prior to arrival time at the destination.
- The Chauffer or the hotel’s airport representative should have a straight posture.
- Acknowledge the guest with an eye-contact.
- Walk towards the guest with a genius smile.
- Always speak clearly when interacting with the guest, an example introduction is – “Good Morning/afternoon/evening Mr David, Welcome! Hope you had a pleasant travel?”
- Carry the luggage of the guest and carefully load it into the limousine.
- Make sure to use an open palm gesture, then ask to confirm the number of baggage loaded: “May I confirm that you have 2 pieces of luggage, Mr David?”
- Open the Limousine door, and use an open palm gesture to invite the guest into the car, ladies first.
- Once the guest is inside the car, close car door carefully, and never slam the door.
- After the guest had settled down in the car, please ask the below questions.
- In case the guest has not fastened the seatbelt, “For your safety, I would request you to kindly fasten the seatbelt”
- “May I offer you some water Sir/Madam”
- “Is the temperature inside the car comfortable?”
- “Would you like me to select some music?”
- Only speak to the guest if they start the conversation with you.
- Call the hotel to confirm that you are 5-10 minutes away from arriving at the Hotel.
- The bellman or the doorman must be notified about the guest arrival and they should move into position on the driveway to welcome the Guest on arrival.
- Stop the limousine in front of the hotel main entrance.
- “We have arrived at the Hotel [Mention your hotel name] Mr David”.
- If the doorman or bell boy is not present to receive the guest then the driver/chauffeur is responsible to open the car door and assist the guest to get out.
- Assist with the guest’s luggage and take the signature on the taxi voucher or collect the payment as per the hotel’s policy.
- Bid farewell to the guest by saying “It was a pleasure driving Mr David, I wish you a pleasant stay”.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What is the purpose of this SOP?
Q2. Who is responsible to check the car or limousine before sending for pickup?
Q3. What all details about the guest need to be known prior to the pickup?
Q4. Provide an example introduction message while receiving the guest?
Q5. What needs to be done by the chauffeur if the bellmen or doorman is not available to receive the guest?
SOP Number: Front Office SOP – 54 Department: Front office / Concierge - Arrival Transfers Date Issued: 05-Sep-2018 Time to Train: 20 Minutes