Procedure For Amending or Modifying Reservations
- When guests/bookers call the hotel to amend an existing reservation take down the original booking details on the reservation form. ( Guest Last name, Reservation no, Mobile, etc.)
- Try to address the guest by name as and when possible.
- Take permission from the guest to keep the call on hold.
- Locate the original reservation record from the Property Management software.
- Reconfirm the booking details e.g.: guest name, arrival departure date, reservation number, etc. with the guest again to make sure that you have
- Retrieve the correct reservation record.
- Enquire with the booker/guest on what amendments are to be made to the reservation. Eg: a guest might like to extend the number of days of stay or want to shift his stay to another period.
- Check the availability of both hotel and room types in the hotel software before confirming the amendment to the guest.
- If the guest had booked the original reservation on the best available rate or special packages, the reservation agent should check the availability of this special rate and packages on this new date as well.
- Any changes in rates or packages should be communicated to the guest.
- If the guest is shifting the arrival date to a different date then take down the new pickup/flight details. In case the guest requires a pick-up from the hotel.
- All details have to be reconfirmed to the Guest.
- Make the required amendments to the reservation record in the system.
- A valid payment method has to be taken for the new stay details.
- Apply the Rate changes if any due to the amendment.
- Generate a new confirmation letter to the guest that clearly shows the amended booking details.
- Send the amended reservation confirmation letter to the guest by email/fax.
- Wish the guest a nice day ahead.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What are all the details to note down when a guest calls the reservation department for an amendment request?
Q2. Is it required to reconfirm the pickup details in case there is a change in arrival date?
Q3. What all needs to be checked before confirming the amendment request to the guest?
Q4. Can we offer the amended with the same rate as that of the original booking?
Q5. Is it required to send the guest an amended confirmation letter?
SOP Number: Front Office SOP - 22 Department: Front Office - Reservation Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED Time to Train: 15 Minutes