Standard Procedure For Releasing Tentative and non-guaranteed bookings
- While taking down the reservation the reservation agent should inform the guest/booker about the standard reservation holding time or release period as per the hotel’s policy.
- Explain to the booker or guest the following applicable reservation holding time.
- A non-guaranteed reservation with no arrival or flight timing or bookings that are not re-confirmed shall be released by 1600hrs.
- Reservation status will not be carried forward to the next day for a non-guaranteed booking; Such bookings will be cancelled on the same day.
- A non-guaranteed reservation with late-night arrival or late-night flight timing shall be released 4 hours after the stated arrival/flight time on the date of arrival.
- For Guaranteed reservations with credit card details, the Room will be blocked and checked in or may be amended to the next day after reconfirming with the guest as per the availability.
- For guaranteed reservations, no-show’s the room will be checked in to charge retention charges and the same will be billed to the guest’s credit card.
- In case no pickup details or flight details are given by the guest, then request the Guest to call back once these details are available.
- For Guaranteed bookings (non–credit card) request the guest to deposit arrival, As per hotel policy you can also cut off date in case guests fail to deposit on or before the cut-off date the tentative reservation will be released.
- Check with Booker/guest if any additional information or further assistance is required.
- Note down the agreed reservation status (Guaranteed, non-guaranteed, credit card confirmed, deposit, etc.) on the reservation form.
- Information obtained must be repeated to ensure accuracy.
SOP Number: Front Office SOP - 21
Department: Front Office - Reservation
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 25 Minutes
Back Office Job Description
Duties and Responsibility
Front Office Formats
Front Office Setup
Front Office Training
Hotel Staff Job Description
Hotel Staff Training
SOP F&B Service
SOP Finance and Accounting
SOP Front Office