Hotel Rules and Regulation (House Rules) Sample
When staying at a hotel, it’s important to be aware of the rules and regulations in place to ensure a comfortable and safe stay for all guests. Some common rules include no smoking in rooms or common areas, no parties or loud noise after a certain hour, and no pets unless they are service animals.
It’s also important to respect the privacy of other guests and not disturb them with excessive noise or behavior. By following these rules and regulations, guests can enjoy a pleasant and stress-free stay at a hotel.
In Addition to this, a copy of the rules and regulations is also kept in all guest rooms for guests to read and understand the management policies. This can also include the local government policies which have to be followed by the guest.
Hotel Rules and Regulations Sample
Hotel Rules And Management Policies
To make your stay as pleasant as possible, the Management requests your co-operation in observing the following as an agreement between the guest and the ” Mention your Hotel Name here” (hereinafter called ‘Management’) under which rooms are permitted to be used by the guest(s):-
The tariff is for the room only and is exclusive of any government taxes applicable Meals and other services are available at extra cost. To know your room tariff, please contact the Duty Manager, guest registration forms must be signed on arrival.
2. Settlement Of Bills
Bills must be settled on presentation, personal cheques are not accepted.
3. Company’s Lien On Guest’s Luggage And Belongings
In the case of default in the payment of dues by a guest, the management shall have the linen on their luggage and belongings, and be entitled to detain the same and to sell or auction such property at any time without reference to the guest. The net sale proceeds will be appropriate towards the amount due by the guest without prejudice to the management’s rights to adopt such further recovery proceedings as may be required.
Please present your ID card, Passport, or Temporary Residence Card upon Check-in. By Law visitors must present personal documents for hotel records. These documents will be returned upon departure.
Check-out time is ( mention your checkout time here ) please inform the reception if you wish to retain your room beyond this time. The extension will be given depending on the availability. If the room is available, the normal tariff will be charged. On failure of the guest to vacate the room on expiry or period the management shall have the right to remove the guest and his/her belongings from the room occupied by the Guest.
6. Luggage Storage
Subject to the availability of the storage space, the guest can store luggage in the luggage room, at the guest’s sole risk as to loss or damage from any cause, Luggage may not be stored for over 30 days.
7. Guest’s Belongings
Guests are particularly requested to lock the door of their rooms when going out and going to bed. For the convenience of the Guest, electronic safety lockers are provided in the room to store any valuables.
The Management will not in any way whatsoever be responsible for any loss / or damage to the Guest’s belongings or any other property from either the hotel room the locker or any other part of the hotel for any cause whatsoever including theft or pilferage.
Mention your policy for Pets ( allowed or not- allowed ) / (Allow us to make separate arrangements. )
9. Hazardous Goods
Bringing goods and/or storing of raw or exposed cinema films, or any other article of a combustible or hazardous nature and/or prohibited goods and/or goods of objectionable nature is prohibited.
The Guest shall be solely liable and responsible to the management, its other guests, invitees visitors, agents, and servants for all loss financial or otherwise, and damage that may be caused by such articles or as a result of the guests’ negligence and non-observance of any / instructions.
Gambling, contraband, prostitution, weapons, explosives, flammable objects, poisons, drugs, animals, and pungent food are strictly prohibited on hotel premises.
10. Damage to Property
The guests will be held responsible for any loss or damage to the hotel property caused by themselves, their guests, or any person for whom they are responsible.
11. Management’s Rights
It is agreed that the guest will respectably conduct himself/ herself and will not cause any nuisance or annoyance within the hotel premises.
The Management has the right to request any guest to vacate his/her room or other areas of the hotel forthwith, Without previous notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever, and the guest shall be bound to vacate when requested to do so. In case of default, the Management has the right to remove the Guest’s luggage and belongings from the room occupied by him/her.
12. Relation between Management and Guest
Nothing hereinabove shall continue or be deemed to constitute, or create any tenancy or sub-tenancy, or any other right to interact in the hotel premises or any part or portion thereof, in favor of any Guest or resident or visitor, and the Management shall always be deemed to be in full and absolute possession of the whole of the hotel premises.
13. Government rules and regulations and application of laws
Guest are requested to observe, abide by confirm to, and be bound by all applicable acts and laws and Government rules and regulations in force from time to time.
14. Photographs and Video
Using photographs and videos taken in the hotel for commercial or public purposes is illegal. Those who do so will be subject to prosecution.
THE MANAGEMENT RESERVES TO ITSELF THE RIGHT TO ADD TO, ALTER, OR AMEND ANY OF THE ABOVE TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND RULES WHICH ARE A PART AND AN ABSTRACT OF THE LODGING ACT.
Hotel Rules and Regulations Sample
Here is a sample set of hotel rules and regulations that can be adapted for use in various accommodations such as hotels, resorts, bed and breakfasts (B&Bs), and guesthouses. Keep in mind that you may need to customize these rules based on the specific policies and regulations of your establishment:
[Your Establishment Name] Rules and Regulations
- Check-In and Check-Out:
- Check-in time is at [specific time], and check-out time is at [specific time]. Early check-ins and late check-outs are subject to availability and may incur additional charges.
- Reservation Policy:
- A valid government-issued photo ID and a credit card are required at check-in. The person whose name is on the reservation must be present.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Guests must adhere to the cancellation policy specified at the time of booking to avoid charges. This policy may vary based on the type of reservation.
- All major credit cards are accepted. Cash payments may require a valid credit card on file. Payment for the entire stay, including taxes and fees, is required at check-in.
- Age Requirement:
- Guests must be at least [minimum age] years old to check in without a parent or legal guardian.
- Occupancy Limits:
- The maximum occupancy for each room type is [number of guests]. Additional charges may apply for extra guests.
- Quiet Hours:
- Quiet hours are observed from [specific time] to [specific time]. Please be considerate of other guests during this period.
- No Smoking Policy:
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in all indoor areas. Designated smoking areas are provided. A cleaning fee will be charged for smoking in non-smoking areas.
- Pet Policy:
- Pets are not allowed unless explicitly stated otherwise. Service animals are exempt from this policy.
- Damages and Theft:
- Guests are responsible for any damages to the property or its contents. Missing items will be charged at the replacement cost.
- Guest Conduct:
- Disruptive or unlawful behavior will not be tolerated. Guests may be asked to leave without a refund if their conduct is deemed unacceptable.
- Facility Access:
- Certain areas or amenities may have restricted access or specific hours. Please adhere to posted signs and guidelines.
- Lost and Found:
- [Your Establishment Name] is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please secure valuables in the provided safe, and report any lost items to the front desk.
- Emergency Procedures:
- Familiarize yourself with emergency exits and procedures. In case of an emergency, contact the front desk or dial [emergency number].
- Compliance with Laws:
- Guests must comply with all local, state, and federal laws. Any illegal activities will be reported to the authorities.
By staying with us, you agree to abide by these rules and regulations. [Your Establishment Name] reserves the right to refuse service or evict guests who violate these policies.
Thank you for choosing [Your Establishment Name]. We wish you a pleasant stay!
Feel free to adapt these rules to suit the specific needs and policies of your establishment.