SOP – Menu Engineering & Cost Control in Banquets
All menus items have been cost-valued and the price level has been established according to the objectives set by the Management Team.
Therefore, it is very important to respect the different recipes and instructions given by the executive Chef or his Assistant.
All set menus have been elaborated by the Executive Chef. They have been carefully selected and are a balance between the different ingredients, ways of preparing and presentations.
If requested, the guest can change some of the menu items. In this case, the hotel computer/data processing system allows the Catering Sales Manager to change a dish with another one while checking the price level.
However, one shall be careful to ensure the amended menu is still balanced: therefore, it is recommended to consult the Executive Chef or one of her/his assistants if an alternative suggestion is made by the guest.
The Cost Control Department will verify and register the use of all food & beverage ingredients in the different kitchens and outlets.
The cost control report will issue a monthly report informing the Management Team of any discrepancies within the operational results.
The size of a recipe must be adapted to the number of people and to the selected menu choice.
It is preferable to replenish the buffet more frequently to avoid the unnecessary waste of food.
The food items on the buffet must be replenished whenever necessary. The kitchen staff will stand by to do so.
After the function is over, all food left on the buffet must be returned to the kitchen.
- Hotel Marketing Plan and Marketing Cycle
- SOP - Front Office - On Queue or Wait Procedure
- How to Handle VIP and VVIP arrivals in hotels
- SOP - Reservations - Sold out booking enquiry
- SOP - Reservations - Amending or Modifying Reservations
- SOP - Reservations - Reservation holding time
- Front Desk - Wake up call Report
- SOP - Front Office - How to Handle Wakeup Calls
Join us - Setupmyhotel.com
- Training Materials
- Checkout the Train My Staff section.You should...
- Offer for long term lease for budget hotel
- HiFirst of all, I would like to thank you the...
- Sample SPA Menu
- Check out SPA and Saloon menu on following link :...
- Hotel Lobby Music Recommendations
- Hi,Music plays an important role in the first...
- pre opening check list
- Hi Daba ,Check out the pre-opening check list...
- Business plan
- Hi,Check this some Hotel Business plan sample on...
- Tips for upselling rooms while reservation process...
- * During the reservation process the Reservation...
- Hi to all of you
- Hi Loren Welcome to the community ..