SOP – Menu Engineering & Cost Control in Banquets
All menus items have been cost-valued and the price level has been established according to the objectives set by the Management Team.
Therefore, it is very important to respect the different recipes and instructions given by the executive Chef or his Assistant.
All set menus have been elaborated by the Executive Chef. They have been carefully selected and are a balance between the different ingredients, ways of preparing and presentations.
If requested, the guest can change some of the menu items. In this case, the hotel computer/data processing system allows the Catering Sales Manager to change a dish with another one while checking the price level.
However, one shall be careful to ensure the amended menu is still balanced: therefore, it is recommended to consult the Executive Chef or one of her/his assistants if an alternative suggestion is made by the guest.
The Cost Control Department will verify and register the use of all food & beverage ingredients in the different kitchens and outlets.
The cost control report will issue a monthly report informing the Management Team of any discrepancies within the operational results.
The size of a recipe must be adapted to the number of people and to the selected menu choice.
It is preferable to replenish the buffet more frequently to avoid the unnecessary waste of food.
The food items on the buffet must be replenished whenever necessary. The kitchen staff will stand by to do so.
After the function is over, all food left on the buffet must be returned to the kitchen.
- Types of keys used in hotels for effective security
- Worldwide Hoteliers Forum - Rules and Regulations
- Types of Reports used in hotels
- Sample Standard Telephone welcome greetings used in Hotels
- Guest Services - Christmas and New Year Greetings for guests
- Choose Beds and Bed sizes - Hotels | Resorts | B&B | Lodge
- Banquet - Banquet Supervisor Job Description
- SOP - Housekeeping - Packing for Out of Order rooms
Join us - Setupmyhotel.com
- food coasting
- You can use the below formula to calculate your...
- New Banquet Facility - Convention Centre
- That's great. What is your forecast food cost?
- Sample SPA Menu
- Checkout the attached SPA and saloon menu
- Night Audit process Opera
- Check out Night Audit / End of day process in...
- how to increase my hotel marketing And booking rat...
- Hi There..Check out this article which explains...
- Can I get SOP for F&B , front office for 5* hotels...
- Service Charge Calculation
- Can you please explain your exact requirement ?
- Reasons for Guest Returning to hotel
- I think the guest to return to a hotel. 1. good...