Standard Operating Procedure for Engineering Complaint Or Work Order Handling
SOP Number: Hotel Engineering SOP – 16
Department: Engineering and Maintenance
Date Issued: 03–Mar-2018
Time to Train: 45 Minutes
Complaint Or Work Order Handling Standard Procedure:
Work orders are categorized as follows:
Depending upon the complaint received the same is passed on to the concerned technician.
The technician collects the work order sheet and attends the complaints.
Complaints or Work Order for Guest Room:
He/she knocks on the door and announces his department.
Waits for guest’s response before knocking second times.
Wish the guest while entering the room, rectifies the fault and leaves the room in minimum possible time.
Provide feedback to the desk attendant who in turn passes compliances to House Keeping.
Complaints or Work order for Public Areas and Back office:
Front of the House and Back office complaints are monitored at regular intervals through the property management system (PMS).
Attends the complaint and reverts to the desk attendant.
Desk attendant clears the complaints from PMS and transfers it to Complaint/Room History.
Once in a day Electrician takes the round in front of the house and Heart of the house for replacing fused bulbs.
Daily Complaint Analysis:
1) At the end of every shift guest room, the front of the house and back office complaints / Work order is analyzed to identify repetitive complaints.
2) All repetitive complaints are further analyzed for root cause analysis.
3) Then corrective and preventive action is to be taken to solve the problem.
4) If required, necessary changes are incorporated in relevant documentation to standardize the finding.
5) At the end of the shift technician analyses the complaint and hand over the pending complaint to next shift in charge.
6) After analyzing if it is found that a particular complaint is repeated many times, then it is studied in detail and corrective actions are taken.
7) The corrective measure can be a change of spare parts or change in the preventive maintenance schedule.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What are the categories of maintenance work orders?
Q2. Explain how to handle work order for guest rooms?
Q4. Why is daily complaint analysis an important task during each shift end?
Q5. Example of corrective measures taken after complaint analysis?