Job Description, Duties, Interview Questions and Salary for Lobby Attendant Position
A lobby attendant is a professional responsible for ensuring the public area of a hotel or other building is clean, organized, and welcoming. They are typically the first point of contact for guests and visitors, and as such, they must be friendly and courteous at all times.
One of the primary responsibilities of a lobby attendant is to keep the area clean. This includes sweeping and mopping floors, wiping down surfaces, and collecting trash. They must also ensure that any seating areas are tidy and that the lighting is appropriate.
In addition to cleaning duties, a lobby attendant may be responsible for assisting guests with their luggage, providing directions and information about the facility or surrounding area, and answering phone calls. They must be able to multitask and prioritize their duties to ensure that all guests receive prompt and courteous service.
Overall, a lobby attendant plays a crucial role in creating a positive first impression for guests and ensuring that they have a pleasant experience during their stay.
Keeps all lobbies and public area facilities such as lobby restrooms, telephone area, business center, and the front desk, and portico, lobby lounge in neat and clean conditions.
LOBBY ATTENDANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans and maintains all lobbies and public restrooms.
- Sweeps and mopes carpets, lobby entrance.
- Empties ashtrays and urns.
- Polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Vacuums and polishes elevators.
- Keeps the front of the hotel free from trash.
- Polishes the lobby floor during the Night.
- Keeps the Back area of the Front desk neat and clean.
- Ready to do any other work assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Keeps all public areas neat, vacuumed, and dusted.
- Clean and maintain lights.
- Makes sure mirrors, furniture, floors, ashtrays, elevators, and doors are clean and mark-free.
- Removes all trash from areas.
- Periodically checks all lobby restrooms/wash rooms.
- Inspect the condition of furniture for tears, rips, and stains and report damages.
- Restock all supplies including toilet paper, soap, and hand towels in the lobby washrooms.
- Make sure all surfaces are clean and tidy.
- Arrange all cushions properly on the lobby sofa.
- Responds to guest requests and inquiries while in the lobby.
- Assist guest with their questions and direct them to the areas they want to go.
- Take care of all cleaning equipment used in the lobby.
JOB TITLE: Lobby Attendant / Lobby Houseperson
Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
High School or equivalent or 1-year diploma in hotel management.
Previous experience in a similar role is preferred.
Interview Questions For a Public Area or Lobby Attendant Position:
When interviewing candidates for a Public Area or Lobby Attendant position, it’s important to assess their attention to detail, customer service skills, and ability to maintain cleanliness in public spaces. Here are some interview questions and salary details:
- Can you discuss your previous experience in a cleaning or housekeeping role, especially in public areas such as lobbies and common spaces?
- Look for candidates with relevant experience in maintaining cleanliness in public spaces.
- How do you prioritize and organize your tasks to ensure that public areas, including lobbies and corridors, are clean and presentable at all times?
- Assess the candidate’s organizational and time management skills, especially in a fast-paced environment.
- What measures do you take to ensure safety and cleanliness standards are met in public areas, and how do you handle any issues or spills promptly?
- Evaluate the candidate’s attention to detail and commitment to maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- How do you handle special cleaning requests or specific instructions for public areas, such as events or high-traffic periods?
- Assess the candidate’s adaptability and responsiveness to specific cleaning needs.
- Can you share an example of a time when you had to address a guest concern or request related to the cleanliness of public areas? How did you handle it?
- Look for candidates who have strong communication and customer service skills, especially in a guest-facing role.
- What steps do you take to collaborate with other hotel staff, such as housekeeping or maintenance, to ensure seamless operations and guest satisfaction?
- Evaluate the candidate’s ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with colleagues.
- How do you maintain a positive and welcoming atmosphere in public areas, and what strategies do you use to interact with guests in a courteous manner?
- Assess the candidate’s interpersonal skills and their commitment to creating a positive guest experience.
Salary Details For a Public Area or Lobby Attendant Position:
The salary for a Public Area or Lobby Attendant can vary based on factors such as experience, location, and the size of the establishment. As of January 2023, the salary range for this position in the United States was approximately $20,000 to $30,000 per year. However, salary figures may have changed, so it’s recommended to consult recent industry salary surveys or HR professionals for the most up-to-date information in your specific region or industry. Keep in mind that salaries may also vary depending on the specific responsibilities and requirements of the position.