Job Description for Bell Boy / Luggage Porter
POSITION SUMMARY: Primarily responsible for greeting and welcoming all guests to the hotel and relieving guests of their luggage on arrival. You will ensure that the highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times and that all guest requests are dealt with in a prompt and courteous manner.
In Addition to assisting guests with luggage, Porters are also responsible for collecting and distributing post, parcels. And also deal with general enquiries and ensure the lobby and forecourt areas are always clean and tidy.
BELL BOY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check the daily arrival list for VVIPs or guests with special functional needs.
- To be present at the Concierge/Reception desk or in the lobby to be ready to assist guests, colleagues and visitors when requested.
- Ensure collection and delivery of guest luggage and equipment in an efficient and timely manner.
- Tag baggage and return the identification slips to guests.
- Assists guests with luggage to the front desk.
- Escorts guests to room, placing luggage in the room assigned by the front desk.
- Inspects guest room for order and adequate supplies and informs guests of room amenities
- Delivers faxes, messages, packages and flowers to guests’ rooms and other offices.
- Provide items on loan to guests and collect the items back from guests before departure.
- Inform the Front Desk Cashier to charge items given on loan, in case there are any charges applicable.
- Ensure the efficient delivery and collection of group luggage.
- Ensure that the guest has verified that all luggage has been accounted for.
- Ensure safe storage and collect ticketing of guest coats and personal items.
- Assist guests with Long-term luggage storage requests / Left luggage requests.
- Update and file the left luggage request form / Long Term luggage request form.
- Update and file errand cards.
- Update the Luggage movement register.
- Transport departing guests’ luggage from the room to the lobby, then into a car or taxi after reconfirming with the guest.
- Respond to guest requests and queries providing a knowledgeable, efficient and helpful information service.
- Assist the senior Concierge on duty with their duties during busy periods and breaks.
- Assist with answering the telephone and taking messages, transferring calls or dealing with enquiries.
- To provide an efficient luggage storage, delivery and collection service.
- Perform any other work as and when assigned by the management.
Previous experience in hospitality would be preferred and Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service. Be a good team player and Flexibility to work a variety of early and late shifts. Able to stand for long hours.
High school or equivalent education. Computer Basics and knowledge of Property Management software.
Previous experience working in a luxury 4 or 5-star hotel or serviced apartment environment. The successful candidate is likely to have a passion for customer service, excellent communication skills and good levels of written and spoken English.
POSITION TITLE: Luggage Porter / Bell Boy REPORTS TO: Bell Captain / Duty Manager DEPARTMENT: FRONT OFFICE