SOP – Sales and Marketing – Signing CVGR Contract or Hotel Sales Contract
When it comes to signing a hotel sales contract or CVGR letter, it’s important to ensure that both parties are on the same page. This means that the terms and conditions of the agreement should be clearly outlined and agreed upon by both the hotel and the client.
Before signing any contract, it’s essential to review it carefully and ask any questions or clarifications needed. This will help to avoid any misunderstandings or disputes down the line.
In addition, it’s important to maintain a friendly and professional relationship with the client throughout the negotiation process. This will help to build trust and confidence, which can be beneficial for future business opportunities.
Ultimately, signing a hotel sales contract or CVGR letter should be a positive experience for both parties involved. By following these guidelines, you can ensure a successful and mutually beneficial agreement.
Sales Contract Signing Standard procedure:
- Negotiate with clients for contract details.
- Prepare the contract according to a standard format.
- To fill the contract in a certain order.
Ensure Below requirements are included in the Contract:
- CVGR letter to be printed on hotel letterhead.
- The letter needs to be addressed to the booker
- Appropriate greetings need to be used in the letter.
- Introduction about the hotel.
- Hotel Features and facility.
- Details of the proposed corporate or negotiated rate as per room category.
- Validity of the negotiated rate.
- Details of Inclusions eg: breakfast, taxes, wifi, airport pickup/drop, etc.
- Details of additional charges if any eg: taxes, service charges, breakfast, etc.
- Any other facilities or offers as per the negotiated rate eg: airport pickup/drop, free spa, fruit basket, early check-in, etc.
- Reservations and billing guidelines.
- Details of credit limit if any should be mentioned on the letter.
- Cancellation and retention charges policies.
- Contact Details of Reservation, Hotel Direct number, email, etc to be mentioned in the letter.
- Signature of Sales Manager, Director of Sales (DOS) and Hotel Seal.
- Section for Acknowledgement by the company along with signature and stamp.
- The Draft Contract letter should be submitted to the Head of sales for review and approval.
- For any special contract, the Director of Sales or Sales head must inform the GM for approval.
- A sales manager and Director of Sales (DOS) should sign the CVGR before sending it to the booker.
- After clients sign the contract, the hard copy must be given to Accounting and Reservation for the record.
- Scan and attach the contract letter to the correct company or travel agent profile into the Hotel Sales software / Property management system.
- The accounting team is to be informed about assigning an AR (accounts receivable) Number / BO (Back office) Number to the company profile.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What is the purpose of the Sales Contract / CVGR Letter?
Q2. Who is responsible for preparing the sales contract?
Q3. What details need to be present on the CVGR Contract letter?
Q4. Should the company volume guaranteed rate contract letter need approval from DOS or GM?
Q5. Explain the process of issuing and filing a sales contract letter?
SOP Number: Sales and Marketing SOP – 03 Department: Sales and Marketing – Sales Date Issued: 23-May-2017 Time to Train: 20 Minutes