SOP Procedure for Sales Trip / Sales Visit
Sales and marketing are essential components of any successful business, and the hospitality industry is no exception. In the hotel industry, sales trips or sales visits are a common practice to attract new customers and generate revenue. These trips involve sales representatives visiting potential clients and promoting their hotel’s services and amenities, such as event spaces, guest rooms, and dining options.
During a sales trip, the hotel sales team will create a personalized presentation for each potential client, highlighting the unique features and benefits of their property. They will also discuss pricing, availability, and any special packages or discounts that may be available.
To make the most of a sales trip, it’s essential that the sales team is well-trained, knowledgeable, and professional. They should have a deep understanding of the hotel’s offerings, the surrounding area, and the target market. Additionally, they must be able to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with potential clients, as this will help to establish trust and credibility.
Overall, hotel sales trips are a crucial part of any hotel’s sales and marketing strategy. By investing in these trips, hotels can attract new customers, generate revenue, and establish themselves as a leader in the hospitality industry.
Sales Trip / Visit Standard procedure:
- Sales managers should make a scheduled business trip to the customer’s office.
- Prepare the sales kits, Brochures, presentation, and other necessary hotel information before the visit.
- In case of an outstation sales visit then reserve the air tickets and the accommodation according to the budget and get approval from the Director of Sales before making the booking.
- Contact customers or key decision makers at least one week in advance and enter the scheduled time in the sales and marketing software.
- Visit the clients as per the schedule and reach the location before the scheduled time.
- Present the sales kit and if required give an overview/intro presentation about the hotel.
- Enquire about Hotels used, Volume is a level of sales expressed in dollars or units. of room nights, Rates, and Inclusive opted for.
- Enquire if the Travel desk is available in the company and the billing process.
- Sales executives shouldn’t give any confirmation regarding credit facility/credit limit.
- Explain about hotel booker’s reward program or loyalty program and provide the necessary information.
- Enquire about key decision-makers involved in the company.
- Answer any questions from the booker, for questions which require further approval inform the booker that you will get back to him/her.
- Invite the booker for a site visit/hotel visit.
- Prepare a detailed report about the sales visit.
- Fill out the petty cash voucher for the sales trip cost and attach it with the sales trip schedule, Forward the proposal to the Director of Sales and Accounts managers for review.
- Enter the sales visit report/outcome of the visit onto the S&M software.
- Update the status (open/close/follow-up) of the sales visit to the S&M software.
- Pass the expenses and sales call report for the day to the Director or Sales for review.
- Claim the expenses attached with all necessary receipts.
- Give a copy of the sales call report to the General Manager for final review.
- Once approved by the DOS pass on the approved expenses report to the accounting for final approval and reimbursement.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. How to handle sales visits?
Q2. What preparation needs to be done before going to a sales meeting?
Q3. List the details which need to be enquired from the booker.
Q4. Should the sales executives confirm a credit facility during the meeting?
Q5. Why it is important to update the sales visit outcome report and status on the S&M software?
SOP Number: Sales and Marketing SOP – 02 Department: Sales and Marketing – Sales Date Issued: 15-May-2017 Time to Train: 30 Minutes