Procedure For Departure Guest Car Transfer or Limousine Transfer
Purpose of Limousine Transfer SOP: The Front office / Travel Desk / Concierge team should know the correct standard for arranging the limo/car for the departure guest. No guest departure should be delayed due to the non-availability of the car, as this creates a negative last impression for the guest.
All departure drop-off requests of the guests must be accurately tracked and followed up in a correct way in order to ensure guest satisfaction. The last impression should be always a memorable one that the guest carries on with him and will have an impact on this feedback of his stay at the hotel.
Limousine Drop off for Departure Guests Standard Procedure:
- Print and check the airport pick/drop report every day.
- Make sure the limousine driver’s grooming is impeccable with a clean and crisp uniform.
- Use the Limousine or Car checklist to inspect and ensure that the vehicle is fit and presentable for the guest’s pickup.
- Make sure the car is clean on the inside and outside and that the inside air is fresh and without any bad odour.
- Make sure you have a newspaper set up and a music selection ready.
- Check that you have cold water and cooled hand towels prepared.
- Make sure you know the guest name and drop-off destination, and check the best route on online map services like ‘Google Maps’ to avoid any traffic conjunction on the way to the airport.
- If applicable, prepare a taxi voucher and enter the starting kilometres, make sure you spell the name of the guest correctly on the voucher along with the room number.
- Make sure you know the guest’s departure time and if the guest is going by flight which terminal the flight departs from.
- Make sure to reach the portico at least 5-10 minutes prior to the guest’s departure time.
- Never should the guest be waiting in the lobby for the car to arrive at the portico.
- The chauffeur or the doorman should always have a straight posture.
- Acknowledge the guest with an eye-contact.
- Walk towards the guest with a genius smile.
- Always speak clearly when interacting with the guest, an example introduction is – “Good Morning/afternoon/evening Mr David, Welcome! Hope we can now depart to the airport?”
- Carry the luggage of the guest and carefully load it into the limousine.
- Make sure to use an open palm gesture, then ask to confirm the number of baggage loaded: “May I confirm that you have 2 pieces of luggage, Mr David?”
- Open the Limousine door, and use an open palm gesture to invite the guest into the car, ladies first.
- Once the guest is inside the car, close the car door carefully, and never slam the door.
- After the guest has settled down in the car, please ask the below questions.
- In case the guest has not fastened the seatbelt, “For your safety, I would request you to kindly fasten the seatbelt”
- “May I offer you some water Sir/Madam”
- “Is the temperature inside the car comfortable?”
- “Would you like me to select some music?”
- Inform the guest about the approximate travel time to the destination.
- Only speak to the guest if they start the conversation with you.
- Inform the guest that you are 10-15 minutes away from arriving at the Airport, as they might want to keep back the reading books or shut down the laptop.
- The Airport Representative must be notified about the guest’s arrival before 1-10 minutes, As he can then be ready to welcome and assist the guest on arrival.
- “We have arrived at the Airport [Mention your Drop off place] Mr. David”.
- If the airport representative is not present to receive the guest then the driver/chauffeur is responsible for opening the car door and assisting the guest to get out.
- Assist with the guest’s luggage and take the signature on the taxi voucher or collect the payment as per the hotel’s policy.
- Bid farewell to the guest by saying “It was a pleasure driving Mr. David, I wish you a pleasant flight and hope to see you soon again”.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What is the purpose of this SOP?
Q2. Who is responsible for checking the car or limousine before sending it for pickup?
Q3. What details about the guest need to be known prior to drop off?
Q4. Provide an example introduction message while interacting with the guest.
Q5. What needs to be done by the chauffeur if the hotel’s airport representative is not available to receive the guest?
SOP Number: Front Office SOP – 55 Department: Front office / Concierge - Departure Transfers Date Issued: 06-Sep-2018 Time to Train: 20 Minutes