F&B Staff Uniform Issuance and Care Policy
Standard Policy for F&B Staff Uniform:
- As per the hotel standard, the housekeeping department will provide every employee with three (3) sets of uniforms according to her/his position for 2 years.
- In the case of suits and uniforms for fine dining restaurants, only 2 sets will be issued or it may be stated that front-of-house employees will receive 2 sets while back-of-house employees will receive 3 sets.
- In the case of footwear, only safety shoes will be issued to the kitchen and engineering employees by the housekeeping department.
- The uniform worn by the employee must be clean and properly ironed.
- Stains, holes, odours, or other signs of wear and tear are not acceptable.
- The uniform exchange will be done on a 1:1 basis i.e. a clean uniform will be only given in exchange for a soiled one.
- At the beginning of each shift, staff should pick up a clean uniform from the linen room by giving the soiled uniform.
- If the received uniform is not up to the above-mentioned standards, the uniform must be exchanged for a clean one.
- At the end of each shift, she/he will return the uniform to the Linen room and exchange it for a clean one (morning and night shifts).
- If the linen room is closed then the employee will keep the soiled uniform in the allotted locker and exchange it for a clean one the next day.
- No employee shall wear her/his uniform outside the hotel, unless on company business.
- Utmost care of the uniform will be taken by the employee at all times.
- A regular update on the condition of uniforms is to be given by the housekeeping department to the F&B Manager to budget for new purchases.
- The uniform must always be complete and impeccable.
- Name tags are to be worn at all times during duty hours.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What is the purpose of this SOP?
Q2. How many sets of uniforms are issued to each F&B staff?
Q3. What is the uniform exchange policy set by the housekeeping?
Q4. What needs to be done if the linen room is closed?
Q5. Is it required to wear a name tag?
SOP Number: Food and Beverage Service SOP - 55 Department: Food and Beverage Service – General Policy Date Issued: 21-11-2019 Time to Train: 15 Min