Reservation Standard Checklist for Booking Enquiry
- The reservation department staff answered within 3 rings.
- Reservation staff had a smiling greeting which included, thanks, name, and an offer of assistance.
- Permission was asked to place a call on hold, and reservation staff waited for a response.
- Placed on hold for less than 30 seconds, thanks to Extended for placing the call on hold.
- The guest’s name was requested and used at least one time.
- Staff promptly offered assistance and led the conversation.
- Features and benefits of the property were provided with enthusiasm, without prompting.
- Staff inquired if the caller was a repeat guest or a corporate guest.
- Staff customized the experience by determining preferences, offering a choice of smoking or non-smoking accommodations, room/bed type, etc.
- Staff inquired about the guest’s special requests (in case any).
- Range of rates quoted beginning with higher price categories.
- Staff asked if there were alternate dates that could be considered, in case of non-availability or sold out.
- Staff skillfully and knowledgeably addressed inquiries and requests and spoke clearly.
- Minimal background noise, and interruptions during the reservation process.
- The staff clearly explained the inclusions in the rate offered. (Breakfast / Package / Taxes etc)
- Staff asked for the correct spelling of the caller’s name and recognized repeat guests.
- Staff asked for the caller’s contact details mobile number, email, etc. in case of a first-time visitor.
- Reservation details were reviewed including hotel location, arrival/departure dates and time, the spelling of name, address, and email.
- Rate and room/bed type preference were confirmed, along with special requests, confirmation number was provided.
- Staff enquired about concierge services for airport transfers, pre-arranged entertainment, local transportation, or directions.
- Staff asked which email address they would like to use to send the reservation confirmation.
- Booking Confirmation was received at the time stated and was accurate.
- Guarantee and cancellation policies were explained.
- Standard Check-in and checkout times were provided. Along with early check-in and check-out charges (In case the guest requested this).
- The staff was pleasant, and courteous, and did not seem rushed throughout the conversation.
- The conversation ended with an authentic and memorable farewell comment, the guest was thanked.
- The speed of the booking process was adapted to the environment and the needs of the guest.
Back Office Job Description
Duties and Responsibility
Front Office Formats
Front Office Setup
Front Office Training
Hotel Staff Job Description
Hotel Staff Training
SOP F&B Service
SOP Finance and Accounting
SOP Front Office