Front Desk Service Standard Checklist for Guest Check-out Process
- The staff was well-groomed and uniformed, name tag was present.
- Staff did not eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum.
- Staff maintained focus on the guest, and was not distracted.
- All Guests are acknowledged with eye contact and a smile within 10 feet, even if the guest waiting in line.
- Guests are not waiting in line for no longer than 5 to 8 minutes.
- The front office team was staffed adequately and also as per the demand.
- Staff spoke first and greeted the guests with a simile, welcoming comment within 5 feet.
- Staff verified the guest’s name and used it a minimum of two to three times during the interaction with the guest.
- Billing was pre-prepared as per the billing instructions on the reservation.
- Enquired about the stay and any issues with the stay were resolved or immediately follow up promised.
- Staff asked if there had been any additional charges to be added to the bill eg: mini bar charges, Airport Drop, etc.
- Appropriate charges were added, and a copy of the Info-Invoice was provided for verification.
- The method of payment was verified and processed discretely.
- If there is any dispute on mini bar charges then as per hotel policy appropriate steps are taken. Eg: Allowance off the disputed charges etc.
- Two Copies of the Invoice were Generated and the guest signature was taken on both copies.
- Handover one copy to the guest neatly folded on an envelope.
- Check out process was completed in less than 4 minutes.
- Staff offered further assistance with luggage, directions, or transportation.
- The Hotel Feedback form was presented to the guest to fill out during the check-out process.
- Staff asked when the room would be vacated, and ensured keys remained operative.
- Staff spoke last, offered thanks, and an invitation to return.
- Staff did not congregate or engage in personal conversation with other staff, no horseplay.
- The overall speed of service adapted to the environment and to the needs of the guest.
Back Office Job Description
Duties and Responsibility
Front Office Formats
Front Office Setup
Front Office Training
Hotel Staff Job Description
Hotel Staff Training
SOP F&B Service
SOP Finance and Accounting
SOP Front Office