Front Desk Services Audit Checklist for Check-in Process
- The staff was well-groomed and uniformed, name tag was present.
- Staff did not eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum.
- Staff maintained focus on the guest, and was not distracted.
- All Guests are acknowledged with eye contact and a smile within 10 feet, even if the guest waiting in line.
- Guests are not waiting in line for no longer than 5 to 8 minutes.
- The front office team where staffed adequately and also as per the demand.
- Staff spoke first and greeted the guests with a simile, welcoming comment within 5 feet.
- Staff verified the guest’s name and used it a minimum of two to three times during the interaction with the guest.
- Registered guests were not asked for duplicate information.
- The guest was discreetly asked how they would like to settle their account after their personal information was confirmed.
- Details were verified including dates of visit, rate, room type, bed type, smoking preference, email address, and billing method.
- All special requests and relevant procedures were explained either on the registration form or verbally.
- Guest correspondence/messages/parcels were discreetly conveyed to the guest.
- Staff are engaging guests in conversation during the check-in procedure.
- Check-in of the guest shown on the Property Management system (PMS)
- Credit card pre-authorization was done and cards were returned to the guest.
- The key card in the jacket was presented, the floor level was indicated, and other information within the key jacket was explained to the guest.
- Room number was discreetly provided to guests.
- Guest Registration procedure accurately completed within 5 to 8 minutes (As per hotel standard or Hotel Type).
- In case the room was not ready, other options were provided and the agent offered refreshments at the coffee shop and also stored luggage.
- The front desk agent gave directions to the room and also offered assistance with the luggage.
- Staff spoke last, offered an authentic departure greeting referring to the guest’s reason for staying, and thanked the guest.
- Staff did not congregate or engage in personal conversation with other staff, no horseplay.
Back Office Job Description
Duties and Responsibility
Front Office Formats
Front Office Setup
Front Office Training
Hotel Staff Job Description
Hotel Staff Training
SOP F&B Service
SOP Finance and Accounting
SOP Front Office