Telephone Service Standard for Operators
- All Calls were answered within 3 rings, every time.
- External greetings included: the name of the operator and an offer of assistance.
- Operators spoke in a clear tone with an entertaining smile in their voices and never sounded too rushed to be of help.
- Callers were allowed to speak and not interrupted.
- In case of internal guest calls operators used the guest name at least one time.
- Operators waited for the caller to hang up first to ensure that the call was complete.
- The operator asked for Permission to place a call on hold, and the operator waited for confirmation from the guest/caller.
- Placed on hold for not more than 30 seconds, in case of extending confirmation was asked.
- Callers were informed that they would be transferred and the destination of the transfer was verified before the transfer.
- Proper telephone etiquette was used while transferring calls.
- Operators verified the guest’s name before contacting the room when only the room number was given.
- Operators never released room numbers or names to callers.
- The operator offered to take a message and repeated details with complete accuracy.
- Messages were delivered within 30 minutes; content was complete, accurate, and legible.
- The operator was the last to speak, confirmed the transfer, and offered thanks or offer of additional assistance.
- When wake-up calls were requested, the following information was obtained: Name, room number, time, date, and day.
- A second reminder call was always offered. (Generally, a 15-minute reminder call is given)
- Wake-up call information was reconfirmed and also offered for coffee, tea, and breakfast service.
- Wake-up calls are entered on EPBX or PMS within 5 minutes after the request.
- The wake-up call was personalized and included the time of the day, outside temperature and weather, and the wish for a pleasant day.
- The operator offered additional assistance after providing a wake-up call.
Back Office Job Description
Duties and Responsibility
Front Office Formats
Front Office Setup
Front Office Training
Hotel Staff Job Description
Hotel Staff Training
SOP F&B Service
SOP Finance and Accounting
SOP Front Office