Job Description, Duties, Interview Questions and Salary for Handyman
A handyman is a skilled professional who can perform a variety of tasks related to home maintenance and repair. They are generally hired to complete small jobs that don’t require the expertise of a specialized contractor. A handyman’s job may include fixing leaky faucets, repairing drywall, painting, installing fixtures, and general carpentry work.
A good handyman should have a broad range of skills and be able to work with different types of tools and materials. They should be able to diagnose problems and come up with effective solutions. It’s also important for a handyman to have good communication skills, as they will often need to interact with clients, vendors, and other professionals.
In addition to technical skills, a handyman should also have good time management skills and be able to work independently. They should be able to prioritize tasks and work efficiently to meet deadlines. A positive attitude and a willingness to learn are also important qualities for a successful handyman.
Overall, a good handyman is an invaluable asset to any homeowner or business owner. They can help keep your property in top condition and save you time and money in the long run.
The Housekeeping Handyman is responsible for minor repairs, to maintain and upkeep its general condition according to hotel standards.
They should be able to effectively communicate verbally with other employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
Handyman Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares the necessary tools /equipment for the day’s work, and does any work order request.
- Handles properly the work assigned by the supervisor/captain.
- Works orders that can`t be done by him which need major repair by the required trade-in engineering.
- Checks the maintained items by the floor captain.
- Conducts regular inspections of all corridors and area equipment.
- Makes inspection plan.
- To maintain the equipment and tools in good order and to maintain all stores organized.
- To show interest in learning all available new technology and the latest products.
- To share in the implementation of the training programs that will result in better productivity and a better work environment.
- To attend the conducted technical training, and to assure the correct implementation.
- Initiates orders for supplies for the trolley and maintains records of work completed.
- Ensure that all Work Order, PPM, and general Maintenance works are executed, as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Ensures that machines and equipment are clean and tidy at all times.
- Maintains and repairs all furniture, carpet, and wallpaper.
- Makes a written report on defects noted.
- Conducts inventory of working tools and equipment every month.
Position Title: Handyman
Reports To: Desk Control Supervisor
- Related repairing and maintaining skills.
- Good health, Neat and pleasant appearance.
- High School or Diploma in vocational level or mechanical ITI.
- Experience of two to three years in a related position.
Interview Questions For Handyman Position:
When interviewing candidates for a Handyman position, it’s important to assess their technical skills, problem-solving abilities, and experience in maintenance and repairs. Here are some interview questions and salary details:
- Can you discuss your background and experience as a handyman or in a similar maintenance role?
- Look for candidates with relevant experience in performing a variety of maintenance and repair tasks.
- What types of maintenance tasks and repairs are you most experienced in and comfortable performing?
- Assess the candidate’s technical skills and expertise in areas relevant to your specific needs.
- How do you prioritize and plan your tasks when faced with multiple maintenance requests or projects?
- Evaluate the candidate’s organizational and time management skills, especially in handling various maintenance tasks.
- Can you share an example of a challenging repair or maintenance project you successfully completed?
- Look for candidates who can demonstrate problem-solving skills and competence in handling complex tasks.
- What safety measures do you follow when working on maintenance projects, and how do you ensure the safety of yourself and others?
- Assess the candidate’s knowledge of safety protocols and their commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
- How do you approach communication with residents or staff when performing maintenance tasks in a residential or commercial setting?
- Evaluate the candidate’s interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with clients or team members.
- Are you familiar with using various tools and equipment for maintenance and repairs, and can you provide examples of those you’ve used in the past?
- Assess the candidate’s familiarity with the tools commonly used in the maintenance field.
Salary Details of Handyman:
The salary for a Handyman can vary based on factors such as experience, location, and the specific responsibilities of the role. As of January 2023, the salary range for a Handyman in the United States was approximately $35,000 to $55,000 per year. However, salary figures may have changed, so it’s recommended to consult recent industry salary surveys or HR professionals for the most up-to-date information in your specific region or industry. Keep in mind that salaries may also vary depending on the specific skills and qualifications of the candidate.