Job Description and Duties Of Front Office Cashier
POSITION SUMMARY: Posts revenue centre charges to guest accounts and receives Payments from guest accounts at check-out. Coordinates the billing of credit card and direct-billed guest accounts with the accounting division.
All guest accounts are balanced by the cashier at the close of each shift. He / She normally entails answering guest inquiries regarding fees and services.
The Front Desk Cashier/Auditor is an essential member of the hotel team. This role requires an individual who is detail-oriented, organized and has strong communication skills.
As a Front Desk Cashier/Auditor, your primary responsibility will be to handle all monetary transactions at the front desk. This includes handling cash, credit card transactions, and managing guest accounts. You will be responsible for ensuring that all transactions are accurate and that any discrepancies are resolved promptly.
Additionally, the Front Desk Cashier/Auditor will be responsible for auditing all guest accounts and ensuring that they are accurate and up-to-date. You will be required to communicate with other departments to resolve any discrepancies and ensure that the guest experience is seamless.
To excel in this role, you should have excellent customer service skills and be able to work well under pressure. You should also be comfortable working with numbers and have strong attention to detail.
Overall, the Front Desk Cashier/Auditor plays a crucial role in ensuring that the hotel runs smoothly and that guests have a positive experience. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the hospitality industry, then this may be the role for you.
FRONT OFFICE CASHIER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates front office posting software.
- Obtains the house bank and keeps it balanced.
- Completes cashier pre-shift supply checklist.
- Completes guest check-in procedures.
- Clarifies customer’s questions or concerns about the charges on their bills.
- Maintains adequate supplies of outlet stationery for cashiers.
- Assists with distribution of month-end reports as directed by accounts or front office manager.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Maintains a track of all high-balance guests.
- Check and follow up on all bills on hold.
- Check the billing instructions are correct for all expected departure guests and set up required auto-routing or auto-transfer on the PMS / Guest folio.
- Give on-the-job training for new staff.
- May also perform a variety of banking services for guests, Such as check cashing and foreign currency exchange.
- Follow up on all deposit dues/deposits to be paid.
- Post charges to guest accounts.
- Handles paid-outs.
- Transfer guest balances to other accounts as required.
- Amounts of Cash checks for guests following the approval policy.
- Completes guest check-out procedures.
- Settles guest accounts.
- Dispenses guest records after the guest checkout
- Handles cash, traveller’s cheques, credit cards and direct billing requests properly.
- Front office cashiers assume responsibility for any cash used in processing front desk transactions.
- Posts non-guest ledger payments.
- Makes discount adjustments.
- Disperses guest records upon check-out.
- Balances department totals at the close of the shift.
- Balances cash at the close of the shift.
- Manages safe deposit boxes.
- Assists Front desk staff on check-in as and when required.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace. Good presentation and team worker.
Experience: Previous hotel-related experience desired, Experience in operating hotel front office software.
JOB DESCRIPTION: FRONT OFFICE CASHIER DEPARTMENT: FRONT OFFICE REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager / Chief Accountant