Job Description, Duties, Interview Questions and Salary For Parking Facilities Attendant Position:
As a Parking Facilities Attendant, your main responsibility is to oversee parking operations at a designated area. You will be responsible for ensuring that vehicles are parked in a safe and organized manner, and that all parking rules and regulations are being adhered to.
Your duties will include directing traffic, assisting customers with locating available parking spots, collecting parking fees, and monitoring the parking area for any suspicious or unauthorized activity. You will also be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of the parking area, which may include sweeping, trash removal, and snow removal during the winter months.
In addition, you will be expected to provide excellent customer service to all patrons, answering questions, and addressing any concerns they may have regarding parking or the facility.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to work well under pressure, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to handle cash and make accurate change. You should also have good problem-solving skills and be able to think on your feet, as unexpected challenges and situations may arise.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position that allows you to interact with people from all walks of life, then this may be the perfect job for you!
The Hotel Parking Facilities Attendant is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the hotel parking facilities. This includes but is not limited to, sweeping, shoveling, and raking. The attendant will also be responsible for checking in and out guests, as well as assisting with any questions or concerns they may have.
HOTEL PARKING FACILITIES ATTENDANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Count vehicles on location throughout the shift to ensure the garage does not overflow available spaces.
- Check-in and out guests, and greet arriving and departing guests politely and courteously.
- Complete all of the cleaning tasks listed on the maintenance checklist. This includes cleaning the dirt and dust off the ramp, picking up trash and litter, wiping down the windows, sweeping, and mopping the entire ramp.
- Serve as a traffic controller, directing arriving guests to available parking spaces.
- Control traffic as needed at entrances and exits; assist guests who have forgotten where they parked.
- Installs, repairs, and removes signs using basic hand and power tools.
- Report any accidents, incidents, or safety concerns to the Operations Manager or Shift Lead right away.
- To assist guests with their questions, problems, and concerns, use respectful communication.
- Parking lot spaces and directional markings are marked, painted, and striped according to blueprints, drawings, or sketches.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of parking equipment, as well as any other general maintenance tasks assigned by the Facility or Operations.
JOB TITLE: HOTEL PARKING FACILITIES ATTENDANT
REPORTS TO: Security Manager / Housekeeping Supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- A high school diploma is required.
- Excellent customer service and communication abilities
- Physical fitness is required, as is the ability to bend, stoop, and lift.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Valid driver’s license
Previous experience in this field is an advantage.
Interview Questions for Parking Facilities Attendant Position:
When interviewing candidates for a Hotel Parking Facilities Attendant position, it’s important to assess their customer service skills, attention to detail, ability to manage parking operations, and overall suitability for the role. Here are some interview questions you might consider:
- Can you describe your previous experience working as a parking facilities attendant or in a similar customer service role?
- This question allows the candidate to provide an overview of their relevant experience.
- How do you handle the arrival and departure of guests’ vehicles efficiently while ensuring a positive experience?
- Assess the candidate’s understanding of parking operations and their ability to manage guest interactions effectively.
- What strategies do you use to manage parking capacity and ensure the smooth flow of vehicles in and out of the parking facility?
- Evaluate the candidate’s organizational and problem-solving skills, crucial for efficient parking management.
- How do you handle situations where the parking facility is at full capacity, and guests are looking for parking spaces?
- This question assesses the candidate’s ability to handle challenging situations and provide solutions for guests.
- Can you share an example of a time when you provided exceptional customer service to a guest with specific parking-related needs or concerns?
- This behavioral question allows the candidate to demonstrate their commitment to excellent customer service.
- What technologies or tools are you familiar with for parking facility management, such as ticketing systems or payment processing equipment?
- Assess the candidate’s technical skills and their familiarity with tools commonly used in parking operations.
- How do you handle cash transactions and ensure the accuracy of financial records when collecting parking fees?
- Evaluate the candidate’s attention to detail in financial transactions and their ability to handle cash responsibly.
- What steps do you take to ensure the security of vehicles and personal belongings left in parked cars within the facility?
- Assess the candidate’s understanding of safety and security protocols, crucial for maintaining guest trust.
- How do you handle situations where guests need assistance with luggage or other belongings when arriving or departing from the parking facility?
- Evaluate the candidate’s willingness to assist guests with additional needs beyond parking.
- What do you believe are the most important qualities for a Hotel Parking Facilities Attendant to possess?
- This question allows the candidate to express their understanding of the role and the qualities they think are essential for success in the position.
Salary for a Parking Facilities Attendant Position:
The salary for a Hotel Parking Facilities Attendant can vary based on factors such as the location, the size and type of the hotel, and the candidate’s experience. As of last January 2024, the average hourly wage for a Parking Lot Attendant in the United States ranged from $10 to $18 per hour.
It’s important to note that salary figures can change over time, and it’s advisable to refer to the latest industry reports, salary surveys, and local job market data for the most up-to-date information on salaries for Hotel Parking Facilities Attendants.