Job Description, Duties, Interview Questions and Salary for Hotel Golf Services Attendant
As a Hotel Golf Services Attendant, you will be responsible for providing exceptional service to guests who are visiting the hotel golf course. Your duties will include ensuring that the golf carts are clean and fully stocked with necessary equipment, assisting guests with their golf bags, and providing helpful information about the golf course.
You will also be responsible for maintaining the golf course by repairing divots, raking sand traps, and picking up litter. Additionally, you will be expected to assist with managing tee times and ensuring that the pace of play is maintained.
To be successful in this role, you should have a friendly and outgoing personality, excellent communication skills, and a passion for the game of golf. You should also be physically fit and able to lift heavy golf bags.
Additionally responsible for maintaining the guest restrooms, driving range, Golf cart, Club storage area, and also the entire work area so it is clean and neat at all times. Assists with merchandise sales, orders, receiving, and display of retail goods.
Golf Services Attendant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting and interacting with guests, providing information, and also assisting them as and when required.
- Provide directions to golfers to golf-related areas.
- Assist golfers with their carts and equipment.
- Distribute scorecards and pencils to golfers.
- Remove golf carts from the storage area and stage for the play.
- Remove rental clubs for use by guests, and properly clean and store them after use.
- Store, clean, tag, and organize guest clubs in bag room storage.
- Set up, monitor, and maintain driving range operations.
- Serving as a valet in the bag drop area and transporting guest’s golf bags from the parking lot.
- Clean, detail, restock, and recharge golf carts after each use.
- Document any golf cart damage and deficiency for the mechanic’s review.
- Assists in the closing of all operational facilities.
- Assists and provides services to facility users in the proper use of the facility.
- Assists in training new joiners and temporary casual employees according to hotel services and standards.
- Assists the Golf Manager with day-to-day golf operations and maintenance.
- Takes used golf carts from the return area & washes, cleans, and stores in the car barn for recharging of batteries.
- Report any lost and found items to the security or housekeeping department.
- Performs preventive maintenance duties such as washing windows, trash detail, and minor maintenance and repair of golf equipment.
- Assist in performing general landscape duties as and when requested by the management.
- Collects debris, cleans restrooms, and other facilities in the recreation area, and maintains other areas of assigned responsibility.
- Assists in enforcing facility rules and regulations regarding parking, equipment, and golf facility usage.
- Provides general information to the public regarding fees, facility reservations, golf course regulations, and procedures.
- Notifies the Golf Course Operations Manager and prepares incident reports in case of any injuries, accidents, property damage, or other problems at the golf course.
- Supports the golf arena with accurate scheduling, processing of fees, membership, and renewal.
- Performs any other duties as and when necessary or directed by the hotel’s management.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a good knowledge of the game of golf.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality as the job requires tremendous guest interaction.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions, including rain and wind, etc.
- The ability to lift and carry 50 lbs regularly is a must.
High School or Diploma. Knowledge of working with point-of-sale systems, motor vehicles, ball washers, and powered equipment such as leaf blowers, lawnmowers, etc.
Previous experience in a similar role in a hospitality environment or Golf Course.
Interview Questions for a Hotel Golf Services Attendant Position:
- Can you provide an overview of your experience in golf services, particularly in a hotel or resort setting?
- This question assesses the candidate’s relevant experience and familiarity with the specific context of hotel golf services.
- How do you ensure a positive and welcoming experience for golfers arriving at the hotel, and what steps do you take to assist with their needs and preferences?
- Evaluates the candidate’s customer service skills and ability to enhance the golfer experience.
- Can you share an example of a challenging situation you encountered while working in golf services, and how you effectively resolved it to ensure guest satisfaction?
- This behavioral question assesses the candidate’s problem-solving skills and practical experience.
- How do you manage tee time reservations and coordinate with other staff members to ensure a smooth transition between golfers and various hotel services?
- Assesses the candidate’s organizational and coordination skills in a hotel golf services context.
- Have you been involved in organizing golf events, tournaments, or coordinating group outings, and how do you ensure the success of such events for guests?
- This question evaluates the candidate’s involvement in event coordination and group services.
- What measures do you take to maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of golf equipment, carts, and the overall golf services area?
- Assesses the candidate’s commitment to maintaining a well-kept and organized environment.
- How do you handle guest inquiries, concerns, or special requests related to golf services, and what steps do you take to exceed guest expectations?
- This question evaluates the candidate’s communication skills and customer-centric approach.
- What knowledge do you have about golf rules and etiquette, and how do you convey this information to guests to ensure a positive and compliant experience on the course?
- Assesses the candidate’s familiarity with golf-related protocols and their ability to educate guests.
Salary for a Hotel Golf Services Attendant Position:
The salary for a Hotel Golf Services Attendant can vary based on factors such as location, the size and prestige of the hotel, and the candidate’s level of experience. As of January 2024, the average annual salary for a Golf Services Attendant in the United States ranged from $25,000 to $35,000.
It’s important to note that salary ranges can change, and local market conditions may influence compensation. Researching current salary trends using industry reports, salary surveys, and job boards specific to your region and the hospitality industry can provide more accurate and up-to-date information. Additionally, consulting with local HR professionals or golf facility management associations can offer insights into the current compensation landscape for Hotel Golf Services Attendant positions.
The Golf Services Attendant should have a friendly and helpful attitude always as you would be responsible for assisting the hotel guests at the golf course. Also responsible for setting up, parking, charging, and preparing golf carts for the day-to-day operations and assisting golfers in loading and unloading their golf bags and cleaning guest golf clubs and shoes.