Housekeeping Departmental Policy Setup
- On the first day, all new staff is introduced to all the Executive/ Supervisors of Housekeeping.
- They are shown the Housekeeping office, laundry, and uniform/linen room.
- They are shown all other administrative offices and public areas.
- They are shown some of the rooms, pointing out fire exits, pantries, and location of fire alarms, and the location of service lifts.
- All staff on their first day in Housekeeping are given a brief tour of the areas that come under Housekeeping.
- At the commencement of the shift, the Executive/ Supervisor on duty takes the briefing.
- Information regarding new happening, group arrivals or departures, VIPs in-house, etc. included in the briefing.
- Guest comments cards (GSTS) and all other important departmental information to be conveyed.
- Information about guest birthdays and anniversaries.
- The housekeeping Executive or Supervisor carries out the briefing at the commencement of the shift.
- The briefing should take a maximum of 10 to 15 Minutes.
Staff Hotel Access:
- Staff are not permitted on premises more than 1/2 hour before shift starts.
- Staff are not permitted on premises more than 1/2 hour after duty ends unless working in the department.
- Staff are not permitted in premises on off days.
- No visitors of staff are allowed inside the premises unless permitted by the management.
- Staff adhere to hotel rules regarding the time of admittance on-premises.
Grooming and Hygiene of Staff:
- All employees have to present themselves in a neat manner consistent with the physical environment they work in.
- All employees should wear company uniforms on duty.
- Shower daily.
- Brush your teeth regularly
- Keep hair free of lice, and dandruff.
- Do not chew gum, tobacco
- Wash hands regularly
- Gargle after smoking and have a breath freshener.
Marking of attendance and duty:
- At the commencement of every shift, the Housekeeping Executive/ supervisor marks the attendance of all staff.
- Staff are allocated different areas according to the duty roster.
- Duties and Attendance of all Housekeeping staff are marked at the commencement of each shift by Housekeeping Executives/supervisors at the Control Desk.
- There should be only a supervisor for the staff.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What is all to be shown and briefed on the first day of a new employee?
Q2. HK staff are not permitted how many hours before duty?
Q3. Who is responsible for the allocation of duty roster and staff?
Q4. What is to be done after smoking?
Q5. What points are to be discussed while conducting the staff briefing?
SOP Number: Housekeeping SOP - 04 Department: Housekeeping – General Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED Time to Train: 60 Minutes