VIP Reservation Processing Standard Procedure For Hotels
Purpose of VIP Reservation Procedure: VIP reservations are processed accurately and marked to ensure VIP guests are properly recognised by all hotel personnel. All special requests and guest preferences are clearly marked and the room must be pre-blocked. Only executive staff may give a guest VIP status.
VIP Reservations Booking Procedure:
- When a VIP reservation reaches the hotel ensure that the VIP authorisation is valid (i.e. that a Hotel executive has approved VIP status).
- Ensure that accommodations are pre-blocked in the computer system by entering a specific room number onto the reservation.
- While blocking the room for VVIP or VIP, please ensure to update guest preference: the room on the highest floor, always allocate a king bed, always set up for turn down service, always threat as Incognito, etc.
- Assign room according to preferred features or as requested by the guest. For returning guests see guest history or guest profile.
- If the hotel PMS or Hotel Software has a feature to fix the room number to the reservation then enable the fix room number function. This will ensure only staff who are authorised to allocate the assigned room can do so.
- Ensure that all special requests or guest preferences are entered in the flag fields for follow-up by the Guest Relations Manager.
- Ensure that the relevant VIP codes are entered into the reservation.
- Ensure to enter Traces for each department with the details of amenities or actionable requests related to the VIP booking.
- Make VIP Amenities Requisition is a form, completed by an authorized person, re... Form for VIP Amenities Set-up to the respective department.
- All VIP amenity requests should be raised and approved by GM/RM at least two days prior to arrival.
- Ensure that the VIP amenity request form is distributed to the respective departments after approval. This has to be followed up promptly.
- Ensure that at the commencement of each shift, the Reservation Manager shall go through the VIP reservation pickup report and ensure that all details are updated correctly.
- Ensure that at the end of the shift, the daily VIP list is checked and a note is made of any VIP bookings made during the shift.
Training Summary Questions for VIP Reservations:
Q1. Who is responsible for validating the VIP Authorization?
Q2. What details need to be checked when clocking the room for VIP guests?
Q3. How to ensure that the blocked rooms for VIP guests are not unallocated by other staff?
Q4. Is it required to get approval from the GM for VIP amenities?
SOP Number: Front Office SOP – 71 Department: Reservations Date Issued: 20-Apr-2021 Time to Train: 15 Minutes