How to prepare for your Bell Desk Shift Handover?
Preparation before beginning the shift:
- Staff to be prepared to assist guests by delivering professional service.
- Collect relevant information, follow the checklist take proper handover and follow up on pending issues/traces.
- Read the concierge’s daily diary and the supervisor’s logbook.
- Check for any events for the day and ensure adequate staffing.
- Check arrival transportation requirements for the current day and the next day.
- Print and check the concierge trace report for the current day and the next day, and crosscheck with the previous shift for any clarifications.
- Print and Check the Guest in-house by room number report (for night shift for newspaper delivery).
- Check the group arrivals and departures for the day.
- Check the staffing for the shift and update the handover sheet.
- Organize the desk and have sufficient stationery.
- Check e-mails and act accordingly.
- Check the left luggage room and left parcel logbook and update accordingly.
- Check the cleanliness of the luggage room and trolleys.
- File reports for the day.
- Check the parking cards.
- Check the follow-up or action sheet for follow-ups and action accordingly.
- Check the showrooms for the day.
- Check the Rooms Available.
- Check the due outs, day-use and any estimated check-out time.
- Check for any reported scandy baggage guests.
- Check for the group folder for the group’s arrival, group departure and understand any special requests/remarks.
- Check the current day’s meetings and Conferences and special remarks/arrangements.
- Check for all V.I.P.’s moments for the day and in-house VIPs.
- Check for information about any car and bike rentals.
- Check for any complaints, incidents and follow-ups on the log book.
- Check for any lost & found reports for the day.
- Check for anything that is useful or necessary to know for the team.
- Take over the keys from the previous shift and sign the key register.
- Take handover from the previous shift in charge.
- Take over any cash from the previous shift.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What is the purpose of this SOP?
Q2. Who is a Scandy Baggage?
Q3. What report needs to be checked before the shift handover?
Q4. Why it is important to check all VIP moments?
Q5. What are the points to check while taking over the shift at the Bell Desk/Concierge?
SOP Number: Front Office SOP – 49 Department: Concierge - Preparation before the shift Date Issued: 2-Aug-2018 Time to Train: 15 Minutes