Standard Procedure For The Concierge / Bell Desk Staff Handling Incoming Item or Packages Delivery
Purpose of this SOP: Upon receiving any incoming items for the guest the concierge team should 1) Check off items, 2) Check-in hotel software, 3) Indication for the guest, 4) If the guest is in the room, 5) Item for expected arrival guest, 6) If the guest is not in the room, 7) After the item is released.
The Concierge staff and Bell Desk team are often the first point of contact and should be familiar with the process of handling incoming items or packages for the guest.
Guest incoming Item Standard Procedure:
1. Check off items.
- Always check the items to avoid breakage and proper checking for security.
- Upon receiving items for guests check with the sender for fragile or valuable items or perishable things, also check the sender’s information.
2. Check guest details in the system.
- Check the hotel software/system to see if the guest is listed or holds a reservation.
- Receive items from the sender after verification of the guest details in the system.
- Ensure the guest is the correct receiver.
3. Indication for guests in the hotel system.
- Leave a message or traces on the guest reservation.
- Also, write down the item information on the “daily incoming item record”.
4. If the guest is in the room.
- Ensure the guest is not disturbed and avoid any disputes between guest and staff.
- Call the guest and get permission before GSA delivers the item to the room.
- Obtain incoming item records in the Concierge daily file folder.
- If the guest wants to pick up the item later at the desk, store the item temporarily at the concierge.
5. The item for expected arrival guests.
- For the safety of the item.
- If the guest has not checked in yet, leave the message or trace to a guest reservation in the system.
- So the reception can let the guest know upon their arrival.
6. If the guest is not in the room.
- To show respect to guests the items are to be handled carefully.
- Store the item accordingly and properly.
7. After the item is released.
- For easy future reference, the details of the item delivery need to be properly recorded.
- After the item is released, the staff who releases the item must write down the name and the release time on the daily incoming item record.
SOP Number: Front Office SOP – 66 Department: Concierge - Bell Desk Date Issued: 18-Aug-2019 Time to Train: 30 Minutes