Beach Area Cleanliness Audit checklist for hotels
Expected Cleaning Standards:
- The housekeeping staff was always present in the beach area.
- Beach areas were free of debris, and maintained and raked when necessary.
- All warning signs and rules were posted, and signs were not worn or damaged.
- Chairs, tables, and other furnishings were matching and were neatly arranged throughout beach areas.
- The chairs were free of markings, not stained or soiled.
- The chairs were not damaged.
- Ample side tables were available.
- The tables were free of markings, not stained or soiled.
- The tables were not cracked or damaged.
- Ample umbrellas were available at all times.
- Umbrellas were free of markings, stained or soiled.
- The umbrellas were not damaged or the color faded.
- Cabanas were free of markings, not stained or soiled.
- The cabanas were not damaged.
- Towels were neatly folded and available at a convenient location.
- Towels were free of stains and were free of tears.
- All Amenities and supplies were available in the washroom.
- Soiled towels stowed away from guests’ view.
- Recreational equipment is fully functional, and not worn or damaged.
- Enough equipment is available as per the guest count.
- Beach shower equipment is not stained or soiled, clean, and in good working condition.
Back Office Job Description
Duties and Responsibility
Front Office Formats
Front Office Setup
Front Office Training
Hotel Staff Job Description
Hotel Staff Training
SOP F&B Service
SOP Finance and Accounting
SOP Front Office