Restaurant Server or Maître d’ Audit Control Checklist
- The server approached the table within 2 minutes of seating with a smile and eye contact.
- The server was the first one to speak and extended a very warm welcome.
- Offers coffee, water, or other beverages during the initial greeting.
- The server was knowledgeable and able to answer basic questions about the hotel.
- Latest food promotions were described and Beverages were served according to orders, without prompting within 2 minutes.
- The server inquired if the guest was ready to order when delivering the beverage.
- The server had good knowledge of menu items and preparation, particularly of vegetarian dishes and any food items that may contain common allergens.
- The server asked relevant questions and Special requests were met with an everything is possible attitude.
- The server recommended accompanying items.
- Starter course(s) presented within 10 minutes of ordering.
- The main course was placed in front of guests correctly and sequentially, without prompting.
- The main course was presented within 15 minutes from starter delivery or order if no starter was ordered, or the guest advised if additional time was necessary.
- Ascertained that expectations were met during each course by asking specific questions.
- Additional beverages were offered before the first beverage was finished and served in 2 to 3 minutes.
- The table cleared and straightened once all guests had finished eating, but individual plates were removed as finished.
- Dessert was offered and Dessert was served within 10 minutes of ordering, as ordered, with appropriate sides.
- Dessert plates were removed, and table maintenance was completed.
- Final Check or bill neatly presented in 3 minutes in a clean holder with a hotel/restaurant pen. (For Breakfast bill needs to be presented along with the ordered meal.)
- Bill was accurately totaled, properly itemized, and with no missing or incorrect items.
- Payment was collected within 3 minutes and the Server returned with change or charge within 3 minutes.
- The server was the last one to speak (kind comment, invitation to return, etc.) and thanked the guest.
- Staff well groomed, uniformed, and nametag was present.
- The staff was courteous and articulate and anticipated guest needs.
- The speed of service adapted to the environment and the needs of the guest.
Back Office Job Description
Duties and Responsibility
Front Office Formats
Front Office Setup
Front Office Training
Hotel Staff Job Description
Hotel Staff Training
SOP F&B Service
SOP Finance and Accounting
SOP Front Office