Sample Hotel IT Emergency Action Plan / Contingency Plan
- Lobby Manager / FOM
- Manager Food and Beverage Operations.
- Executive House keeper or Desk Control supervisor.
- IT Manager and IT assistants
- Accounts Manager and General Cashier on duty.
- Telephone Operator / Guest Service associate.
- In house guests by room number
- In house guests sorted by guest name
- Remaining arrivals for the day by room number
- Remaining arrivals alpha with VIP and guest preferences
- Remaining departures by room number
- Departures Checked Out -Today
- Arrivals Checked in - Today
- Airport Pickup report
- Airport Drop Report
- Rate Variance Report
- Reservations on the books ( all )
- Availability as per room type
- Arrival List Next 3 days
- Departures next 3 days
- All Open Traces for next 3 days
- Banquet Functions list for the day
- Housekeepers List showing current rooms status.
- Room Status detail report
- Out of Order rooms list
- Out of service rooms list
- Guest balance detailed report
- Open balance report
- High Balance guest report
- Guest Ledger Balance with Ageing
- City Ledger / AR Ledger Balance with Ageing
- Cashier Status
- Payments by Cash Register
- Current Exchange rate
Following pre-printed/ pre-numbered stationery needs to be kept in ready state for taking check-in /check -out in custody of Lobby Manager/FOM to be handed over to respective department:
- Pre-printed Blank Guest Registration cards
- Pre-printed Blank Point of Sale Bills
- Pre-printed Blank Kitchen order ticket (KOT)
- Pre-printed Blank Guest Folio
- Pre-printed Blank paid out
- Pre-printed Blank receipt book
- All department should switch to manual operations, And a breif description of the manual operations for each department is given below:
Check-in: The Front office staff will work on the Arrival list generated above to block the rooms. Pre printed guest Registration cards will be used for taking manual check-in. After check in of a reserved guest, the corresponding reservation will be marked on the expected arrival list. The reception staff will have to inform other department like Telephone, Room Service and Housekeeping and other restaurants about the guest check-in which was taken manually. The Signed registration card and advance deposit details to be kept separate so that the same can be updated immediately once the system is online.
All reservations to be taken manually on Reservation forms. No reservation would be confirmed and the reservation confirmation number will not be shared. All reservation will be identified by the name of the guest and arrival date & time.
The manually taken reservations will have to be filed separately so that they can be entered into the system when system is operational again. Call back the guest or email the reservation confirmation letter once the system is back online.
The in-house guest list by room number will indicate the current room status. The housekeeping staff will write the changes in the room status on the Room Status Change sheet. This sheet will be filed so that the correct room status can be entered into the system after it becomes operational. All changes in the room status will have to be informed to Front office.
F&B outlets - POS (Point of Sales):
F&B outlets can check the available report 'In house guests by room number' to verify the details of the resident guests. KOT ( Kitchen order Ticket) to be written manually on the pre-printed format and send to the appropriate kitchen.
The Restaurant team have to prepare manual bills on separate stationary kept especially for this purpose. The pre-printed bill stationary used for computer printed bills will not be used.
The settlement details will be written on the bills. A copy of the bill will be dispatched to Front Office (Cash) as soon as possible. Before handing over the shift the Restaurant Cashier will make the sale summary and bill register before depositing the cash and credit card slip.
Important Support number:
Property Management system (PMS)
1) Name and Hotline Number