Tips for Serving Bottled Beer and Draft Beer in Restaurants and Bars
In order to provide a good beer service the server / staff should know the basic beer terms. Also different serving standard are to be used while serving bottled beer and draft beer.
Serving Standard for any type of Beer:
* Beer should be served in correct temperature
* Always serve beer in chilled glass or mugs, use a Glass Froster to chill the glass.
* Always examine beer glass before pouring to be sure they are clean.
* Glasses should not have spots, lipstick, chips or cracks.
Serving Bottled Beers:
* Bottled beer should always be stored in a dry, dark place.
* Before serving it should be stored in the fridge at least 12 hrs. at a 3C – 5C temperature.
* Always offer beer glass.
* Always pour the bottled beer.
Serving Draft Beer:
* Hold the beer mug near the base.
* Tip the glass slightly to one side and then raise it gradually to an upright position.
* Open the beer tap dispenser quickly and completely and then pour the beer all in one go.
* In case the beer does not form a head then change the beer keg before serving any beer. This is a indication of a leaking keg which can result in loss of carbon dioxide.
* Close the tap quickly and completely once filled.