Room Service Order Delivery Service Standard Checklist
To ensure that guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay, it is important for hotels to provide high-quality room service. One way to achieve this is by implementing a Room Service Order Delivery Service Standard Checklist. This checklist should include all the necessary steps to ensure that orders are taken accurately, prepared promptly, and delivered to the guest’s room in a timely manner.
The checklist should begin with the order-taking process. This involves ensuring that the order is taken accurately, and that the guest’s specific requests are noted. Once the order is taken, it should be sent promptly to the kitchen for preparation.
Once the order is prepared, the next step is delivery. The Room Service Order Delivery Service Standard Checklist should include instructions for the delivery process. This includes ensuring that the food is delivered hot and fresh, and that the presentation is attractive. Additionally, the delivery staff should be polite, friendly, and professional at all times.
Finally, after the food has been delivered, the Room Service Order Delivery Service Standard Checklist should include instructions for follow-up. This may include checking with the guest to ensure that the order was satisfactory, and addressing any issues or concerns that may have arisen.
- Tea & Coffee service was available 24/7 and delivered within 10 to 15 minutes.
- The order was delivered at the time quoted by the order taker, in case of any delay then the same was informed to the guest with an apology.
- Food was delivered Not earlier or later than 5 minutes before/after the time quoted.
- The server spoke first and extended a warm greeting.
- Guest name used at least one time during the delivery process.
- The morning newspaper was delivered with breakfast in case not yet been collected by the guest.
- The server asked where the guest would like to enjoy a meal, and suggestions were offered if the guest was uncertain.
- The server set up the order and removed plastic wraps, caps, and plate covers.
- Hot food was served hot, cold food was served cold.
- Food items tasted and looked fresh, Also prepared to the requested order.
- The presentation of food was appealing and attractive and portions were adequate and consistent.
- Beverages served as requested and served at the correct temperature.
- Beverages were well prepared, fresh, and garnished.
- The server introduced each item ordered and Server offered to pour beverages.
- The server was skilled at presenting, opening, and serving wine.
- The server engaged the guest in light conversation and inquired about their experience at the hotel while setting up the order.
- The guest was advised of the actual time that the order would be delivered, 20 minutes for breakfast and 30 minutes for lunch and dinner.
- All ordered items were present along with appropriate condiments and tableware.
- The server was able to answer basic questions about the hotel services, facilities, and operating hours of restaurants.
- The server addressed further needs and asked if anything else was required.
- Check neatly presented in a clean folder with a hotel/restaurant pen.
- Check accurately totalled, and properly itemized, no missing items.
- If called for, a room service order is removed within 15 minutes.
- During tray/table removal, the server asked if the guest enjoyed their meal.
- During tray/table removal, used and dirty dining tables/trays were removed from the corridor immediately.
- The server was well-groomed and uniformed, name tag was present.
- Staff did not eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum.
- The speed of service adapted to the environment and the needs of the guest.
- The server was the last one to speak and the guest was thanked.
Implementing a Room Service Order Delivery Service Standard Checklist can help hotels to provide high-quality room service that guests will appreciate. By taking the time to ensure that orders are taken accurately, prepared promptly, and delivered with care, hotels can create a memorable experience for their guests and earn their loyalty.