Room Service Order Taker Audit Checklist
In order to ensure that our room service order takers are providing excellent service to our guests, we have created an audit checklist that should be followed regularly. The checklist includes items such as verifying the guest’s room number and name, repeating the order back to the guest for accuracy, and confirming the delivery time.
Additionally, the checklist includes reminders to always use polite language and to thank the guest for their order. By following this checklist, we can ensure that our room service team is providing top-notch service to our guests every time.
- Room Service was available 24/7.
- The order taker answered the phone within 3 rings.
- Phone answered with a warm and sincere greeting of the day.
- Room number, name, and the number of guests partaking were verified.
- The guest’s name was used at least one time during the conversation.
- Permission was asked to place a call on hold, and the order taker waited for the response.
- Placed on hold for less than 30 seconds, thanks to extended for holding.
- Minimal background noise and interruptions were heard while ordering.
- The order taker was pleasant, not impatient or mechanical.
- The order taker was able to recommend items and any daily specials or promotions.
- The order taker was knowledgeable of menu items and preparation, particularly of vegetarian dishes and any food items that may contain common allergens.
- The order taker was knowledgeable of bottled wines and wine by the glass.
- The order taker was aware of unavailable items and offered an alternative.
- Special requests were met with an everything is possible attitude.
- Additional menu items were offered (Juice, wine, dessert, etc.) to go along with the meal.
- The order taker anticipated the guest’s needs and asked relevant questions.
- The order taker spoke clearly and used full sentences.
- Order was repeated to ensure accuracy, offered additional items before quoting delivery time.
- The guest was advised of the actual time that the order would be delivered, 20 minutes for breakfast and 30 minutes for lunch and dinner.
- The order taker was the last one to speak (kind comment, etc.).
- The speed of service adapted to the environment and the needs of the guest.