Job Description For Assistant Front Office Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: In the absence of the Front Office Manager or Resident Manager take charge of the operations of the Front Office Department. Primarily reporting to the Front office manager or EAM Rooms. Ensures guests have a smooth-running stay at the hotel.
As the Assistant Front Office Manager, one should act as the bridge between the front and the back office. While coordinating the operation, you will also ensure that all guests experience a fantastic stay.
ASSISTANT FRONT OFFICE MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer Satisfaction (Guest Feedback, Social Media Review).
- Financial Performance (Up-selling, Room Revenue, Operation Auditing).
- Showing Initiative, Problem Solving, Staff Training, Team Leading.
- Manages and motivates the Front Office team in order to provide a high standard of service for customers.
- Welcomes guests and fosters customer loyalty through his/her friendly manner.
- Develops high-quality relationships with guests throughout their stay.
- Handles any guest complaints or contentious issues that cannot be settled directly by team members and provides a fast solution.
- Oversee and supervise guest arrivals and departures with the front office executive and duty managers.
- Provide a high level of customer service and maintain a high profile in the day-to-day front office operations.
- Ensure that personalized service is offered to each and every guest.
- Ensures that the pricing policy and internal audit procedures are duly applied.
- Supervises the management of debtors, group and individual guest invoicing and cash operations.
- Monitor all executive floor executives to ensure maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition and prompt cordial attention from arrival through departure.
- Review the arrival list for all arrivals and VIPs to check room allocations, amenities and special requests.
- Prepare monthly and daily revenue reports and circulate them to all HOD’s.
- Prepare Room revenue and occupancy forecast and take action on rate strategies.
- Is involved in the recruitment of new team members for the front office.
- Integrates and trains employees, providing support for skills development.
- Ensures that all front desk employees are well presented (uniforms, personal hygiene etc), and also punctual.
- Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events.
- Makes sure that the hotel’s pricing policy and sales pitches are duly applied in order to optimise RevPAR.
- Have a good knowledge of all systems and standard operating procedures of the front office.
- Ensures that guest documentation and information are available and up-to-date.
Well-developed communication and customer relations skills. Highly organized, and results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure. Knowledge of Opera / Fidelio / Otherworld Class Property Management System is required.
A degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset or graduate bachelor’s degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field. Computer Knowledge and experience in MS Office programs.
Minimum 2 to 3 years work experience as Assistant Manager or Team Leader – Front Office / Guest Relations in a hotel.
POSITION TITLE: Asst. Front Office Manager / FOM / Deputy Front Office Manager REPORTS TO: General Manager / Resident Manager / Front Office Manager DEPARTMENT: Front Office