Job Description, Duties, Interview Questions and Salary For Hotel Busser
As a hotel busser, your main role is to ensure that restaurant tables are clean and set up for the next guests. You will be responsible for clearing tables after guests have finished their meals, and ensuring that all dirty dishes, glasses and silverware are taken away and cleaned properly.
In addition, you will need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, as well as be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time. You may also be required to assist servers with various tasks, such as refilling water glasses or bringing out food orders.
Overall, a hotel busser plays an important role in ensuring that guests have an enjoyable dining experience, and your hard work and attention to detail will be greatly appreciated by both guests and staff alike.
BUSSER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Decorates the dining room before serving.
- Removing used plates, glasses, cutlery, and napkins from tables after diners are done eating.
- After each meal, clean, sanitize, and reset the tables.
- Place tableware and condiments on tables.
- Refill water glasses and wine glasses when needed.
- Refilling paper napkins, and salt and pepper shakers on the dining table.
- Maintain clean and well-stocked authorized service stations.
- Assist servers with food delivery.
- Closes the dining room by cleaning the seats and tables, and sweeping and vacuuming the floors.
- Remove trash and recycling as directed, and place them in the proper receptacle.
- Keeps menus clean, replaces damaged or soiled pages, and cleans chalkboards to maintain menu appearance.
JOB TITLE: BUSSER
REPORTS TO: Food & Beverage Manager
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Physical stamina and ability to handle heavy trays and stand for lengthy periods.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Food Handlers certificate.
- Deep knowledge about sanitization and safety.
It is an entry-level position; therefore it does not require any work experience. Working as a busser, food runner, or other entry-level position in a restaurant is advantageous
Interview Questions For A Hotel Busser Position:
When interviewing candidates for a Hotel Busser position, it’s important to assess their customer service skills, attention to detail, and ability to work efficiently in a hospitality setting. Here are some interview questions and salary details:
- Can you discuss your previous experience in a bussing or similar customer service role, especially in a hotel or restaurant setting?
- Look for candidates with relevant experience in maintaining a clean and organized dining area.
- How do you prioritize and manage your tasks during busy periods to ensure a smooth and efficient dining experience for guests?
- Assess the candidate’s organizational and multitasking skills, especially in a fast-paced environment.
- What steps do you take to maintain the cleanliness and appearance of dining tables and common areas in a hotel restaurant?
- Evaluate the candidate’s attention to detail and commitment to maintaining a clean and welcoming environment.
- How do you handle special requests or specific instructions from guests regarding table setups or dining preferences?
- Assess the candidate’s customer service skills and their ability to accommodate guest preferences.
- Can you share an example of a time when you had to address a customer concern or complaint, and how did you handle it?
- Look for candidates who have strong communication and problem-solving skills, especially in dealing with guest issues.
- What measures do you take to collaborate with other restaurant staff, such as servers and kitchen staff, to ensure seamless dining service?
- Evaluate the candidate’s ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with colleagues.
- How do you handle situations where there are last-minute changes to table arrangements or an unexpected increase in the number of guests?
- Assess the candidate’s adaptability and flexibility in handling unexpected challenges.
Salary Details For a Hotel Busser Position:
The salary for a Hotel Busser can vary based on factors such as experience, location, and the size or reputation of the hotel. As of January 2023, the salary range for this position in the United States was approximately $20,000 to $30,000 per year.
However, salary figures may have changed, so it’s recommended to consult recent industry salary surveys or HR professionals for the most up-to-date information in your specific region or industry. Keep in mind that salaries may also vary depending on the specific responsibilities and requirements of the position.