Pre-registering guests for Operational Excellence.
Pre-registering guests in hotels has several advantages for both the hotel and the guests. Firstly, it saves time and reduces waiting time for guests when they arrive at the hotel. By pre-registering, guests can simply collect their keys and head straight to their rooms without having to go through the check-in process.
Secondly, pre-registering guests allows the hotel to better manage their resources, such as staffing levels. The hotel can anticipate the number of guests who will be arriving and ensure that they have enough staff to handle check-ins and other guest needs.
Thirdly, pre-registering guests can help improve the overall guest experience. It allows the hotel to personalize the guest experience by having their room ready with any special requests they may have made ahead of time. This can include things like extra pillows or specific room locations.
Finally, pre-registering guests can help hotels to better manage their room inventory. By having a better understanding of which rooms will be occupied, the hotel can better plan for future reservations and allocate its resources more effectively.
Pre-registration Activities are those which are done before guest arrival at the property and is also one of the most important stages in the guest cycle. Preregistration is normally done for groups, VIP / VVIP guests, and also for FIT bookings.
Activities such as room assignment, updating guest profiles, preparing welcome letters, collecting all reservation correspondence sending requests for amenities, etc. are part of pre-arrival activities and are normally done one to two days before guest arrival.
Advantages of pre-registering guests:
- Helps to accelerate the guest registration or check-in process.
- Almost completed / pre-populated registration cards can be generated from the system.
- Guests only need to verify the information instead of writing down them at the time of check-in.
- Special requirements from guests can be met in advance and kept ready at the time of arrival.
- In-room check-in can be provided for all pre-registered guests.
- Rooms are assigned as per the guest’s room preference at the time of booking eg: Away from the elevator, Pool facing, etc.
- Guest-preferred amenities can be kept in the pre-assigned room.
- Lesser or no complaint on the room assigned.
- If the booked room type is not available then an alternate room or upgrade can be provided in advance.
- Rooms blocked for VVIPs and VIPs can be communicated to other departments like Housekeeping or Room service in prior.
- VIP amenities can be placed in advance by Housekeeping and Room Service.
- In the case of Groups and Conference guests Mini Bar ban be either locked or removed in advance.
- Amenity vouchers are sent in advance to the housekeeping and the room service department to make flower bouquets, and place fruit and cookie baskets room before the arrival of the guest.
- Duty managers or Guest service managers cross-check the VVIP rooms if all amenities are placed before arrival ensuring a great arrival experience.
- For groups all Keys and rooming list is kept ready in advance for a smooth check-in experience.
- If group members bags are reached in advance then the same can be placed in the room before check-in.
- Pre-prepared Wi-Fi access coupons and meal coupons can be easily handed over to guests at the time of check-in.
- The guest relations team can be ready to provide a traditional welcome to VVIP guests. Eg. Flower Garland, Spice Garland, etc.
Advantages and disadvantages are two sides of the same coin. They are present in every decision we make, and it is important to understand both before coming to a final conclusion.
When it comes to decision-making, the advantages are the benefits that we will receive from choosing a particular option, while the disadvantages are the drawbacks or negative consequences that could arise from our decision. For example, when choosing a career path, the advantages could include job satisfaction and financial stability, while the disadvantages could include long working hours and high-stress levels.
It is important to weigh both the advantages and disadvantages carefully before making a decision. Sometimes the disadvantages may outweigh the advantages, making it a poor choice, while at other times the advantages may outweigh the disadvantages, making it a good choice.
In conclusion, weighing the advantages and disadvantages of any decision is crucial. It allows us to make informed choices that align with our goals and values and helps us avoid any negative consequences that could arise from our decisions.
Overall, pre-registering guests is a win-win for both hotels and guests, as it saves time, improves efficiency, and enhances the guest experience.