Cleaning Front office / Lobby Area
Cleaning front office / Lobby Area:
The hotel lobby should be clean 24 hours of the day. All lobby and front office areas like flooring, ceiling, furniture, glass doors, glass windows, ashtrays, fixtures, etc. should be cleaned at any given time.
- Check all the ashtrays and the main porch area.
- While emptying the ashtrays make sure cigarettes are not burning.
- Empty ashtrays and ash urns into the trash.
- Clean the ashtrays and return them to the correct spots.
Clear all trash bins:
- Remove garbage from dustbins and clean them if required.
- It is also a good practice to separate the recyclable items from the trash and place them separately.
- If any trash is found in the lobby area then pick them up immediately.
- Replace the cleared dustbins in the original spot.
Clean and disinfect telephone and kiosk touch screen:
- Spray disinfectant on a dry cloth and clean the telephone mouthpiece, earpiece, and telephone instrument.
- Repeat the same procedure on all house phones and telephone receivers on the fax machine.
- Wipe the kiosk touch screen and remove fingerprint marks using a recommended microfiber cloth.
Clean stairway handrails:
- Remove cobwebs, dirt, etc. before cleaning the handrails.
- Apply cleaning solution and wipe the handrails.
- If mild detergents are used then wipe handrails with a wet cloth to rinse away them away.
Clean all glass surfaces and windows:
- Spray windows and glass surfaces with water or an appropriate cleaning solution.
- Use a squeegee and pull down from top to bottom.
- Overlap each stroke slightly to remove all water or cleaning solution.
- Use a lint-free duster to wipe the glass surface to leave the entire glass surface shiny.
Carpet and furniture upholstery vacuuming:
- Furniture is to be dusted and all the upholstery is vacuumed and cleaned.
- Connect the appropriate cleaning attachment for vacuuming upholstered furniture.
- Vacuum the furniture armrest, seat back, and the area behind the seat back.
- Use a heavy-duty vacuum cleaner to vacuum all the carpeted areas in the Lobby / Front office.
- Vacuum under desks and other areas, Move furniture as and when required.
- Once cleaning is completed remove the vacuum dust bag and store the vacuum cleaner in the pantry.
Mop and Sweep lobby floor:
- Sweep the lobby floor thoroughly.
- Place appropriate signage to warn the guest before mopping the lobby floor.
- Mop with a damp cloth to remove all dust and dirt from the surface.
- Buff the lobby once a day also the dustbins and ashtrays are cleared from time to time.
- Clean all marble/tile/wood skirting with a damp cloth daily.
- Sweep the lobby floor a regular intervals and also when requested by the front office team.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What is the best time to mope and wax Lobby?
Q2. How to clean the kiosk touch screen?
Q3. Procedure for vacuuming lobby and front office area?
Q4. Steps for cleaning glasses and windows?
Q5. Why it is required to wipe the stair railing with wet cloth after cleaning?
SOP Number: Housekeeping SOP - 27 Department: Housekeeping – Guest Room Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED. Time to Train: 45 Minutes