Standard Procedure For Cleaning Western Closet (W/C) or Toilet Cleaning
- Put on the protective gloves and goggles.
- Flush the W/C or toilet, If the flush is not working properly then inform the control desk to create a maintenance job order for the same.
- Sprinkle the cleaning solution in a circular motion around and inside the top of the w/c bowl and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Apply cleaning solution on the walls beside and behind the toilet and under the vanity.
- Wipe the outside of the toilet bowl and the walls around the toilet with a damp sponge. (Use this sponge/cloth only to clean the toilet. Mark this sponge with a special tag or colour coding to identify the same.)
- Wipe the pipes leading to the toilet.
- Wipe the walls under the vanity and the drain pipe.
- Use a toilet bowl brush to scrub the inside of the toilet bowl.
- Clean under the rim and the seats.
- Clean the top of the rim of the w/c, in and around the hinges, and the bottom of the w/c seat cover.
- Flush the toilet.
- Rinse the brush in the toilet once the cleaning is done.
- Dry the entire w/c, using a clean dry cloth to remove all marks.
- Polish the walls and pipes.
- Recheck inside w/c bowl, especially under the rim, and ensure water is clear.
- Close w/c seat cover.
- W/C should be cleaned daily.
- Always make sure that the W/C is stain-free, fresh smelling, and dry and that the water in the bowl is clear.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. Why it is important to wear protective glass and goggles while cleaning W/C?
Q2. How long should the cleaning solutions be kept on the toilet bowl?
Q3. What areas are to be cleaned apart from the toilet bowl?
Q4. How to dry the entire W/C?
Q5. What is all to be checked once the W/C or Toilet cleaning is completed?
SOP Number: Housekeeping SOP - 18 Department: Housekeeping – Guest Room Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED Time to Train: 20 Minutes