How to Vacuum A Guest Room?
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that all guest rooms and Club floor guest rooms etc. are vacuumed as per the hotel’s standard operating procedure.
Standard procedures for Vacuuming a guest room:
- Vacuuming is the last and final stage in cleaning the guest room.
- When not in use, the vacuum cleaner should be left outside the room in the corridor next to the trolley.
- Vacuuming must be done in every occupied and check-out room daily.
- When vacuuming start from the farthest point of the room and work backwards towards the door.
- Make sure you get under every piece of furniture and the beds in all check-out rooms.
- Be careful not to run the machine into the furniture.
- Take off the end piece and use the tube in places too small for the vacuum end piece.
- Check to make sure you have not left any supplies behind.
- Vacuum the carpet and replace the furniture in the correct positions
- Do a final check before you leave the room.
Vacuuming Guest Rooms Training Summary questions:
1. What should you pay attention to when vacuuming?
2. What needs to be done when the Vacuum cleaner is not in use?
3. From which point in the room we should start vacuuming?
4. Why is a final check necessary?
SOP Number: Housekeeping SOP - 40 Department: Housekeeping Date Issued: 17-Oct-2021 Time to Train: 15 Minutes