Procedure For Dusting Guest Rooms
Dusting doors and windows:
- From your caddy basket take a duster.
- Fold the duster into four folds.
- Sprinkle with dusting solution and dust inside and outside of each door, frame, and wooden window frame.
- For areas that cannot be reached use a feather duster and remove the dust and cobwebs.
Dusting mirrors and fixtures:
- If mirrors have wooden panels then dust them.
- Wipe the mirrors with a damp cloth/sponge.
- Wipe them again with a clean dry cloth from top to bottom
- Dust the picture frames with the dusting cloth and Wipe them again with a cloth sprayed with the surface cleaner to give a polished finish.
Dusting dressing table and nightstands:
- Wipe the side, front, edges, and top using a dusting cloth.
- Open the drawer and wipe inside in case of departure room.
- Polish all surfaces using a cloth sprayed with a surface cleaner solution.
Wipe and disinfect the telephone:
- Pick up the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
- Report any issues found on the telephone to the engineering department.
- Spray disinfectant on the wiping cloth and wipe the mouthpiece and earphones.
- Repeat the same steps on other room and bathroom telephones.
- Remove any items on the table.
- Wipe the table surface with a wiping cloth sprayed with surface cleaner.
- Start cleaning from the top and work towards the base and legs of the table.
- Dust and wipe all chairs.
- Dust all lampshades and other fittings.
Dusting LCD TV, I-Pod dock, and Alarm clock:
- Turn off the TV, as it is easier to spot the dirt on the black surface.
- For cleaning the LCD screen use, use a soft, clean, lint-free, dry cloth or a microfiber.
- Never use Never use cleaning fluids, wax, or chemicals to clean the LCD screen.
- Wipe the frames of the TV with the same cloth.
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean other electronic gadgets in the room.
General Dusting Tips:
- Wipe gently removing dust and fingerprints.
- High dusting that cannot be reached with cloth is with a feather brush.
- Dusting is done with A/c on and the main door open for aeration of the room.
- All areas are dusted with a duster or feather brush whatever is appropriate.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. How to fold the duster cloth?
Q2. How to wipe the mirrors?
Q3. Steps for disinfecting and dusting telephones?
Q4. While dusting the room should the A/C be turned ON or OFF?
Q5. How to wipe LCD TV screens?
SOP Number: Housekeeping SOP - 20 Department: Housekeeping – Guest Room Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED. Time to Train: 45 Minutes