Preset Tray and trolley in Room Service / IRD
Clean Room Service Trays:
- Clean the In-room dining area.
- Wash trays in the dish room.
- If the trays are cork-lined, rub the cord with lemon wedges to remove odours. Then let the trays stand for a few minutes before washing.
- Spray trays with hot water to remove food residue.
- Spray the trays with an approved sanitizing solution. Then Stack them upside-down at right angles to allow them to air dry.
Clean room service carts/trolleys:
- Remove all equipment and supplies from the carts.
- Use a clean cloth and a sanitizing solution to wipe the carts, including the helve’s legs and wheels.
- Polish the carts with a clean, dry cloth.
- Replace equipment and supplies.
- Report any squeaky wheels to maintenance staff members or stewards immediately, so they can fix the carts quickly.
Preset Trays and carts/trolleys:
- Organize and preset trays’ and trolleys before the meal period begins.
- Prepare the trays for service in the rooms: trays with basic set-up [for serving Continental breakfasts and light meals (for a maximum of 2 people).
- Place tablecloths neatly over room service carts.
- Prepare the trolleys for service in the rooms: trolleys with basic set-up for serving American breakfasts and multi-course meals.
- Items you place on the tray or cart include salt, pepper, ketchup sugar, artificial sweetener, etc. Make sure each item is clean before placing it onto the cart or tray.
- Wipe containers with a clean cloth if necessary.
- Follow the tray and cart setup charts to place items on trays and carts.
- Clean the heating boxes and keep a few on standby: all heating boxes are heated with electric power.
- Replenish all condiments.
- Prepare all the operating equipment and install it in the appropriate areas.
- Chinaware, flatware, hollowware, glassware, and linen must be sufficient in quantity and polished according to hotel policy standards.
Prepare the room-related VIP amenities:
- Petit Four, House wine, fresh fruit platter cut or otherwise, a souvenir like a diary.
- For a VVIP a full bar will be set up in the room.
- Daily replenishment of all amenities should be done.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. How to clean room service Trays?
Q2. How to clean carts/trolleys?
Q3. What actions to be taken if you find any squeaky wheels?
Q4. Why it is important to follow tray and cart setup charts?
Q5. How to prepare the room-related VIP amenities?
SOP Number: Food and Beverage Service SOP - 22 Department: Food and Beverage Service – Room Service Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED Time to Train: 45 Minutes