Guest Farewell Greetings in Restaurants
Settle the guest bill/cheque as per the preferred method of payment of the guest.
Examples of Method of payments:
- Credit Card
- Foreign Currency / Traveler’s Check.
- Bill to Company / City Ledger is a book of accounts in which business transactions are entered after having been recorded i... / Vouchers / Coupons.
- Hand over the Feedback form while you are printing the receipt.
- When the guest has paid the bill and prepares to leave the restaurant, the waiter should stand nearby.
- She/he shall pull back the chair of the guest and help her/him whenever necessary.
- Check if the guest has taken all their belongings. If not, discreetly attract the guest’s attention to the forgotten item.
- Accompany the guest to the entrance of the restaurant and thank him, by saying Thank you for dining at (name of Restaurant).
- Tell him we are looking forward to welcoming him/ her by saying, Wish to serve you again, or Hope to serve you again soon.
- If the guest leaves without settling the bill then Inform the security and your manager immediately.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. Examples of methods of payments used by guests?
Q2. When to hand over the feedback form to the guest?
Q3. What was to be done if the guest had forgotten his belongings?
Q4. What action is to be taken if the guest leaves without paying the bill?
SOP Number: Food and Beverage Service SOP -14 Department: Food and Beverage Service – General Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED Time to Train: 30 Min