Standard Operating Procedure for Double Door Cooling Cabinet Checklist
Maintaining a double door cooling cabinet is an essential task for any engineer. To ensure that the cooling cabinet is functioning correctly, it is important to follow a checklist. This checklist should include tasks such as checking the temperature of the cabinet, inspecting the seals on the doors, and cleaning the interior of the cabinet.
When checking the temperature, it is important to ensure that it is within the desired range. If it is too high or too low, this can indicate a problem with the cooling system. The seals on the doors should also be inspected to ensure that they are in good condition and free from damage. A damaged seal can lead to air leakage, which can cause the cooling system to work harder than it needs to.
Cleaning the interior of the cabinet is also an important task. This should be done regularly to remove any debris or dirt that may have accumulated. It is important to use the correct cleaning products to avoid damaging the cabinet’s interior.
Overall, following this checklist can help to ensure that the double door cooling cabinet is functioning correctly and efficiently. Regular maintenance can also extend the life of the cabinet and prevent any costly breakdowns.
Double Door Cooling Cabinet Maintenance Checklist and Procedure:
- Wire Brush.
- Crimping tool.
- Greasing Gun.
- Oil Cane.
- Line Tester.
- Spanner set.
- Soap solution.
- PVC Tape.
- Old clothes.
- Carbon Removing Compound.
- Soap solution.
- Condenser Motor – Check motor bush and shaft.
- Compressor – Check if it is noisy and also the back pressure.
- Check the Electrical controls.
- MCB – Loose & Burnt electrical connection and rating of MCB to be checked.
- Earthing – should be proper.
- Extension cord – burnt, cut in wire to be checked.
- Proper tumbling – burnt connections and thimbles to be checked.
- Relays – operation of relays to check.
- Electrical Loose connection to check.
- Doors/Handles – Check if the handle is loose and also the operation.
- Latch – operation to check.
- Door gaskets – broken gasket and cooling leakage to be checked.
- Cleaning – General cleaning to be done.
- Condenser Fan – Loose & broken fan blade.
- Check Temperature is between 4-6 Deg. C.
- Check if the compressor on full Load should be 5 Amp.
- Check and verify that the MCB rating should be 20 Amp.
Remarks by the Technician:
- Why is maintaining a double door cooling cabinet important for an engineer?
- What are some tasks included in the checklist for air compressor maintenance for laundry and sewage treatment plant?
- Explain the significance of checking the temperature of the air compressor.
- What potential issues can arise if the seals on the doors of the cooling cabinet are damaged?
- Why is it important to clean the interior of the double door cooling cabinet regularly?
- What tools are required for air compressor maintenance, and what consumable parts may be needed?
- What electrical control components should be checked during air compressor maintenance?
- Explain the importance of checking the bearing during air compressor maintenance.
- What is the purpose of checking the internal resistance value of the air compressor?
- What steps are involved in checking the air compressor for laundry maintenance activity, specifically for electrical control and other items?
- What factors should be considered when checking the air compressor for sewage treatment plant maintenance activity, specifically for electrical control and other items?
- What is the recommended full load and overload setting for the air compressor for laundry maintenance?
- What is the recommended full load and overload setting for the air compressor for sewage treatment plant maintenance?
- Why is it important to check the control fuse rating during air compressor maintenance?
- What is the significance of verifying the MCCB rating during air compressor maintenance?
SOP Number: Hotel Engineering SOP – 07 Department: Engineering and Maintenance Date Issued: 16–Feb-2018 Time to Train: 30 Minutes