Standard Operating Procedure for Cooling Tower Fan Maintenance
Cooling tower fan maintenance is an essential part of the engineering process to ensure that the cooling system is functioning at optimal levels. To ensure that the cooling tower fan is in good condition, it is important to follow a standard operating procedure (SOP) and checklist.
The SOP should outline the steps required to inspect and maintain the cooling tower fan. This may include checking the fan blades for any signs of damage, such as cracking or wear and tear. It is also important to check that the fan motor is functioning correctly and that the bearings are lubricated.
The checklist should include all the necessary tasks required to maintain the cooling tower fan, including regular cleaning and inspections. It is important to ensure that the fan is free from debris and that the surrounding area is clean and clear.
Regular maintenance and inspections of the cooling tower fan can prevent unnecessary downtime and ensure that the cooling system is operating efficiently. By following an SOP and checklist, engineers can ensure that the cooling tower fan is in good condition and functioning as it should.
Cooling Tower Fan Maintenance Checklist and Procedure:
- Clamp meter.
- Crimping Tool.
- Oil Can.
- Grease Gun.
- Spanner Set.
- Line Tester.
- PVC tape.
- WD- 40.
- Lubricating Oil.
- Carbon removing compound.
- Old cleaning clothes.
Cooling Tower Fan Maintenance Activity:
Cooling Tower Fan :
- Check the shaft position, in case if the shaft is loose tighten it.
- Check the shaft alignment and fix it if required.
- Check the key position and any loose key to be replaced or tightened.
- Check the fan blade positions, and any loose blades to be tightened.
- Change or replace any broken fan or fan leaf.
- Check the ball bearing and if required do oiling/greasing.
- Change the bearing if it is noisy.
- Check the oil level of the gear.
- Check and verify the gear assembly, and any broken teeth to be replaced.
- Check the foundation and verify if it is broken/loose.
- The motor Should be a of minimum 30 HP.
- Electrical control should be proper.
- Check for any burnt contact, loose electrical connection, and overall operation to be checked.
- The overload relay should be checked.
- Check the operation of the relay, setting, and loose electrical connections.
- Check the timer operation and time settings.
- Check for any loose electrical connection.
- Check for any loose & burnt electrical connections.
- Check the MCB rating and verify with the recommended Amp.
- Check the Terminal Plate, Any burnt and broken plates need to be replaced.
- Check the motor bearing.
- Perform oiling, greasing, or changing the bearing if required.
- Check the internal Resistance Value.
Other points to check:
- Check that the full Load motor capacity should be 42 Amp.
- Check and verify the overload relay setting should be 22 Amp.
- The overload relay range should be between 14Amp to 23Amp.
- Check and verify the control fuse rating at 4 Amp.
- Check and verify the MCB rating should be at 250 Amp.
- Check and verify the timer settings should be set at 10 sec.
Remarks by the Technician:
- Why is the proper functioning of the chiller counter and ice cream cabinet crucial in hotel engineering?
- What are the key elements covered in the maintenance checklist for the chiller counter and ice cream cabinet?
- Why is routine maintenance and inspection important for the chiller counter and ice cream cabinet equipment?
- List some of the required tools for chiller counter and ice cream cabinet maintenance.
- Explain the significance of checking the condenser motor bush and shaft during maintenance.
- What parameters should be checked to ensure the compressor’s optimal performance?
- Why is it important to check the MCB for loose and burnt electrical connections during maintenance?
- What should be verified regarding the MCB rating during maintenance?
- Why is proper earthing crucial for the chiller counter and ice cream cabinet equipment?
- What electrical components should be checked for loose connections during maintenance?
- List some components related to doors and handles that should be checked during maintenance.
- Explain why checking door gaskets is essential during maintenance.
- What is the recommended temperature range for the chiller counter, and why is it important?
- What is the full load amperage that the compressor should have during maintenance checks?
- Why is it necessary to verify the MCB rating during chiller counter maintenance?
SOP Number: Hotel Engineering SOP – 13 Department: Engineering and Maintenance Date Issued: 24–Feb-2018 Time to Train: 30 Minutes