Sample Manager On Duty Report Or Night Manager Checklist
The manager on Duty or the Night manager is primarily responsible for seeing the well-being of the hotel and its guests during the night time. Also Ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the hotel during the night shift.
Some of the Key Duties of the Manager on Duty (MOD) are below:
- Handle walked guests, and guest concerns and resolve any problems experienced by guests or visitors in the absence of the relevant managers.
- Be fully conversant with all statutory fire, legal, bomb, health, and safety procedures and take control in the event of an emergency.
- Ensure the security of the hotel, its guests, and visitors through regular checks and patrols throughout the night in conjunction with set procedures.
- Meet and escort all arriving VIPs during the night ensuring that their needs are satisfied.
- Report any loss or damage to the Hotel, guests, or staff assets on the appropriate incident report form.
- Conduct property rounds and prepare the Manager on Duty Report.
Find below a sample Manager on Duty Report Format:
In conclusion, the Manager on Duty plays a crucial role in ensuring that guests have a safe and comfortable stay at the hotel. By using the Manager on Duty Checklist, they can perform their duties effectively and efficiently. This checklist covers various aspects of hotel management, including security, housekeeping, and guest services. With the help of this tool, the Night manager can identify issues before they arise and take prompt action to address them.
Hotels need to invest in training their Managers on Duty to ensure that they are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to manage any situation that arises during their shift. Let us recognize the importance of these unsung heroes who work tirelessly behind the scenes to make our stay memorable and enjoyable.