SOP – Housekeeping – Bed Making-
Remove soiled bed linen from the bed.
Look at the mattress pad / mattress protector to see if it is stained, torn or damaged. If it is not straighten it and make sure the mattress and box spring are even.
Always adjust the mattress with your leg and not with your back to avoid any injuries.
If the mattress pad is stained then remove it.
Get a clean mattress pad and place it on the mattress:
Lay the fresh pad on the bed.
Unfold the pad right-side up and spread it evenly over the center of the bed.
Smooth out any wrinkles.
Mattress pads / mattress protector comes in different size, be sure to use the correct size.
Make sure you have the correct size sheets.
Do not use a stained or torn sheet. Place them immediately in your solid linen bag.
Take three fresh sheets and 04 pillow cover / slips as per the bed size.
Pull the bed a little away from the headboard.
Spread the 1st bed sheet and tuck the bottom side of the bed except for the four corners.
Take the loose end of the sheet, about a foot from the corner at the head of the bed and pull it straight out, foaming a flap. Pull up the flap so it is flat.
Tuck in the free part of the corner.
Pull the flap out toward you and down over the side of the bed. Tuck the flap in.
Move to the corner at the foot of the bed on the same side of the bed and repeat the procedure.
Spread the second sheet the wrong side up, from the edge of mattress.
Put Quilt 6” lower than the 2nd sheet.
Spread the third sheet over the quilt.
Fold the second sheet above the quilt and the third sheet and make a fold approximately 6” to 8”.
Tightly tuck the sheets under the mattress.
Go towards the foot of the bed and tightly tuck the second sheet, quilt and third sheet together.
Maitre the corners.
Inset the pillows into the new pillowcase and tuck in the loose ends.
Repeat this process for the other pillows.
Place the pillow on the bed with the tucked edges facing the center and the tucked flaps on the other side of the pillows.
Position the bedspread on the bed with equal amounts hanging over both sides and the foot of the bed.
Report to the supervisor if you notice stains or tears in the bedspread.
Smooth the bedspread over the pillows to the head of the bed.
Tuck the remaining of the bedspread under the front edge of the pillows.
Smooth the surface of the bed.
Check the bedspread for evenness on both sides.
Push back bed towards the side of headboard in the exact position.
All the four corners of the bed is mitered properly. Bed linen is stain free and properly pressed. Bed has to be firm.
Distance of the pillow from Headboard to the fold of the bed is approximately 20”.
- Front Office Staff Rules and Regulations
- Room Service / In Room dining manager - Job Description
- Babysitting request form
- Download myDBR
- SOP - Housekeeping - Babysitting Service
- Assistant Executive Housekeeper - Job Description
- Concierge - Umbrella borrow log book / tracking sheet format
- Pest Control Log Book / Sheet
- Flash and food cost
- Hello everybody,Anyone can explain what is the...
- housekeeping training supervisor topics
- New York housekeeping is really hot in repairs of...
- USALI manual
- Is there any free one?
- Hotel Lobby Music Recommendations
- would definitely go with light lounge music and...
- How important are the safeties and securities
- How do guests feel about hotel safeties and...
- Opera ver 5 - Income audit
- Hello....Find below list of opera reports....
- Reasons for Guest Returning to hotel
- 1. Anticipates guest's needs during their stay2....
- marketing assignment
- f you could kindly help me by giving me some notes...
- Hotel Owner Representative action plan
- Check out the below Hotel Pre-opening Checklist...
- Protel manual
- Hi All:Checkout the below online link for protel...