SOP – Conducting Briefing in Front Office
SOP Number: FO-08 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Front Office – General
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 45 Minutes
Purpose: Hotel Front office staff needs daily briefings so they know what’s happening in the hotel that day / previous day. This gives a smoother operation, without having to waste time asking others and they know what’s happening in the hotel.
Daily Briefing in front office is part of Hotel front office communication. The complexity of front office communication is directly related to the number of rooms, hotel size, public areas and facilities etc.
1) Prepare for the briefing by making notes on what has to be communicated.
2) Read the night log book to update your information
3) Make a note of any special, important information or memorandums.
4) Brief about previous night room closing along with room revenue and Average Rack Rate (ARR / ADR ).
5) Brief about expected Arrivals, Expected departure and late check outs for the day.
6) High Balance guest details to be shared.
7) Scanty baggage guest details.
8) Expected VIP movements and In –House VIP guests.
9) Any special guest requests, Fussy guests, Handle with care guests.
10) Long stayer guest In-house.
11) Single Lady guest In-house.
12) Details about airport pickup.
13) Pending room shifting for the day.
14) Any bills on hold.
15) Overview of hotel occupancy for the week.
16) Any un-resolved issues - Ensure the staff is truly aware of important issues, matters related to daily operations.
17) Use the opportunity of the briefing to remind staff of company standards, Missions or Visions.
18) Allow staff to express themselves and communicate briefly.
19) Keep the briefing short ( between 20 – 30 min)
20) Recommend that all are standing during the briefing
Training Summary questions:
Q1. Why it is important to conduct daily briefings?
Q2. What is the Ideal duration for briefing?
Q3. Name any five important points while conducting briefing?
Q4. Is it required to mention about hotel position during briefing?
Q5. Why it is important to read the previous night log?