Sexual Harassment Policy Sample For Hotel Staff
We at the [Mention Hotel Name] are committed to giving every employee a just and fair hearing on issues that are raised on Sexual Harassment. The [Mention Hotel Name] will take very serious disciplinary action against any victimisation of the Complainant or the Respondent that may result from a Complaint.
Sexual Harassment may include any of the following but not limited to:
Unwelcome sexual advances involving verbal, non-verbal, or physical conduct, implicit or explicit.
Physical contact and advances.
Demand or request for sexual favours.
Sexually coloured remarks, including but not limited to vulgar/indecent jokes, letters, phone calls, text messages, e-mails, gestures etc.
Showing pornography or the likes.
Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
Physical contact and advances such as touching, stalking, sounds which have explicit and /or implicit sexual connotation/overtones, molestation.
Display of pictures, signs etc. with sexual nature/ connotation/ overtones in the work area and work-related areas.
Verbal or non-verbal communication which offends the individual’s sensibilities and affects her/his performance and has sexual connotation/ overtone/ nature.
Teasing, innuendos and taunts, physical confinement and /or touching against ones will and likely to intrude upon one's privacy.
The following circumstances, among other circumstances, if it occurs or is present in relation to or connected with any act or behaviour of sexual harassment may amount to sexual harassment:
Implied or explicit promise of preferential treatment in the employment.
The implied or explicit threat of detrimental treatment in employment.
The implied or explicit threat about the present or future employment status.
Interference with the work or creating an intimidating or offensive or hostile work environment.
Humiliating treatment likely to affect health or safety
The following behaviour is indicative of the behaviours that are considered inappropriate within the [Mention Hotel Name] working environment and is liable for disciplinary action:
1. A demand or request for sexual favours.
2. Comments about a person's sex or private life.
3. Sexually coloured remarks.
1. Offensive gestures.
2. Touching in a sexual manner.
3. Assault or coerced sexual acts.
Written or graphic harassment
1. Unsolicited forwarding of pornographic pictures through email, or any other medium.
2. The display of sexually suggestive objects, pictures, magazines, posters or cartoons in the work area.
3. Written communication has sexual implications.
1. Demanding sexual favours in return for or with a promise of favourable performance appraisals, promotions, sustained employment and provision of employment.
2. Implied or explicit detrimental treatment for refusal to provide sexual favours.
3. Interference with the work or creating an intimidating or offensive or hostile work environment.
4. Humiliating treatment is likely to affect health or safety.