SOP - How to Process Reservation Cancellations
SOP Number: FO- 16 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 30 Minutes
1) Obtain Guest name or Reservation number
2) Search for reservation in the PMS
4) Ask guest whether he / she would like to make a alternate reservation.
5) Request the reason for Cancellation.
6) Record the reason for cancellation on PMS.
7) Provide the cancellation number to the guest.
If the reservation is a Guaranteed Reservations:
8) It should be according to cancellation timings which is mention in cancellation policy of the hotel.
9) If cancellation is made by someone other than guest then the reservation agent should record the details of the caller eg:- Name and Mobile number on the reservation record.
11) Should have written mail for charging retention on credit card.
12) Always send mail for retention bill and confirmation of cancellation. (Sample Retention letter)
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What is the first step for any cancellation?
Q2. What are the types of cancellation reasons?
Q3. What is the cancellation policy of the hotel for a guaranteed reservation?
Q4. Why it is important to have written E-mail for any confirm reservation?
Q5. What are the retention charges for any cancellation?