SOP For Staff Time Clock Reports
SOP Number: Finance and Accounting – 26
Date Issued: 8-Aug-2021
Time to Train: 25 Minutes
Purpose of Staff Time Clock Reports :
The purpose of the staff time clock report is to provide a record of an employee's daily work schedule. This report can be used to help track employee productivity and compliance with company policies.
Time Clock Reports SOP Procedures:
1. Attention Report List: This is a "problem" and "exception" report. Basically, it details who punched in and who did not. It should be reviewed daily by someone in Accounting or the General Manager of the limited service hotels.
2. Daily Clock-In/Out Report: This provides labor cost by department versus revenues. Actual labor cost versus actual sales. Revenues to be input daily by Hotel.
3. Time and Attendance Report: This provides information for the Payroll Worksheet and actually takes the place of the Payroll Worksheet. This report must be signed off by the General Manager at the end of the pay period for validation purposes. Only after adjustments are made can the General Manager approve. This report should only be submitted to Vincam and not the Manual Payroll Worksheet.
4. Weekly Work Summary Report: This is your "Approaching Overtime" report and should be reviewed daily.
5. Schedule Costing Report: A critical report we have all been searching for. Basically, this report details your scheduled hours versus your forecasted revenue for the following day/week/ month. This report must be reviewed on Thursdays before schedules are posted, in order to insure that you are within productivity guidelines.
6. Payroll Expense Report: The follow up to the Schedule Costing Report. This report details what actually happened versus our prior week's forecast. This should be distributed at Staff Meetings or reviewed weekly with Department Managers.
7. Employee Labor Schedule Report: A critical report to be reviewed daily by Department Heads. This is a variance report by employee, day-by-day, versus the schedule.
8. Employee Late Report: A very important report for Performance Appraisals. This provides tardiness information on any employee on any given period. This is a most useful tool for disciplinary and corrective action.
9. Performance Review Dates: This can be accessed through APS, utilizing the following report. Again, all General Managers must pull this report before month end and ensure that Department Managers are receiving this. information so that Performance Appraisals can be timely for the following month.
10. Schedules: Enclosed is an example Schedule from APS. No manual schedules are to be posted at any hotel. All scheduled information is to be inputted into the time clock.
Training Summary Questions:
Q1. Who should review attention report list daily?
Q2. The time and attendance report should be only submitted to whom?
Q3. Which is the most critical report to be reviewed daily by Department Heads?
Q4. Which report is the most useful tool for disciplinary and corrective action?