Packing and Delivery Of Guest Laundry
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that all the guest laundry is neatly folded and packed as per the request by the guest. The laundry manager or Laundry valet should also ensure deliver the laundry promptly to the guest room.
Guest laundry will be packed and delivered as per your request. We take utmost care in handling your laundry to ensure it is returned to you in a clean and tidy condition.
Standard procedures for Packing Of Guest Laundry:
- Fetch the fresh laundry from a pigeonhole with the Laundry copy list.
- Tick every item to ensure the number of pieces is correct.
- Remove marking tags from the fabric.
- Pair the socks.
- Insert underwear in plastic bags first. Placing socks and handkerchiefs on top.
- Shirts are packed in a separate bag and are placed on top of the laundry item.
- Every laundered hanging garment is placed according to Room No.
- Label each hanging item with a hanger.
- Room nos. is written on one laundry bag.
Standard procedures for Delivery Of Guest Laundry:
- Place all ready packages and hanging garments in the queue according to the sequence of floors from top to bottom.
- Count the number of packages and hangers-on trolleys.
- The total number of packages and hangers should match the delivery record.
- The valet is counting all packages and hanging items on every floor pantry.
- Before starting delivery assure nothing is missing.
- Check the number on the room door to ensure you are not entering the wrong room.
- Check the door to see if there is a DND sign on the door.
- Place the DND information card under the door with the date and time.
- Enter the room (If the guest allows it only). Put all hanging items into the wardrobe and the package can be placed on the luggage shelf.
- Leave the room thanking the guest and wishing him a pleasant stay.
- Close the door for the guest.
- Don’t stay in the room for too long.
- In case there is no guest in the room, look for a room attendant to open the room.
Laundry Packing and Delivery Training Summary questions:
Q1. Explain the process of packing guest laundry.
Q2. Explain the process of delivery of guest laundry.
Q3. What needs to be done in case the room is put under DND?
SOP Number: Housekeeping SOP -37 Department: Housekeeping – Laundry Date Issued: 10-Apr-2021 Time to Train: 15 Minutes