Guest Laundry Billing Procedure
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that all the guest laundry billing is done correctly prepared and posted from the POS or PMS billing system.
Standard procedures for Billing Guest Laundry:
- Bills are to be made in duplicate.
- The original copy of the Bill has to be kept in the Department and the second copy is going along with the Laundry.
- Always be attentive to the special instruction column.
- If the guest needs the laundry urgently one must take the charge voucher.
- In case of urgent laundry, the bill copy needs to be sent to the Front Office cashier immediately or post it in the computer.
- Every Laundry voucher is to be fed in the POS or PMS for Billing on the guest folio before the garments are returned to the guest.
- The original copy is kept in day to day file for reference and a duplicate copy is to be given to the guest.
- Enter every item in the ‘In-house Laundry Record Book‘ and Laundry voucher content into the Laundry summary sheet in numerical order.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. Explain the process of express or urgent laundry billing.
Q2. Why is the laundry bill to be prepared in a duplicate copy?
Q3. Explain the process of recording the daily laundry billings.
SOP Number: Housekeeping SOP -35 Department: Housekeeping – Laundry Date Issued: 10-Apr-2021 Time to Train: 15 Minutes